DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced!

First impressions after receiving the MEA on Friday and then having it straight out to work on the Saturday are good, feel free to ask any questions if i can help i will

Attachments

• IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 17
First impressions after receiving the MEA on Friday and then having it straight out to work on the Saturday are good, feel free to ask any questions if i can help i will
Nice,

If I had a need right now for that setup I do not think I would hesitate... DJI familiarity with a thermal camera has got to be a sweet setup. About the only thing I'm hesitant about is the geofencing, which is why I tried out the Autel Evo II (for a month but sent it back). I think if, on these birds, you could get it without geofencing that would be a big plus. I would bet that most remote pilots purchasing these have their 107 cert and are well aware of the laws and do not need to be hindered by geofencing in an emergency situation.

Questions:

1) If you have a MP2, is the flight time about the same or a bit less due to the added weight?
2) What is the DJI thermal imaging software like... do you like it?
3) Do you know if you could swap cameras to the regular Mavic camera on that or would it be a PITA?

Nice,

If I had a need right now for that setup I do not think I would hesitate... DJI familiarity with a thermal camera has got to be a sweet setup. About the only thing I'm hesitant about is the geofencing, which is why I tried out the Autel Evo II (for a month but sent it back). I think if, on these birds, you could get it without geofencing that would be a big plus. I would bet that most remote pilots purchasing these have their 107 cert and are well aware of the laws and do not need to be hindered by geofencing in an emergency situation.

Questions:

1) If you have a MP2, is the flight time about the same or a bit less due to the added weight?
2) What is the DJI thermal imaging software like... do you like it?
3) Do you know if you could swap cameras to the regular Mavic camera on that or would it be a PITA?

1) Yes have the M2P and is the same as far as I can tell so far.
2)Too early to tell properly at this stage
3)Don't see the need to swap cameras, if I want to use the Hassleblad then i'll fly the M2P if i need the thermal the MEA will come out.

I saw a question on this thread about RTK & NTRIP for the M2EA.

I now have one of these with the RTK module.

The problem I had was that here in the UK, subscriptions to ntrip data can be quite expensive and for something that I do not need very frequently could be quite excessive.

I believe in the US some states provide the data free, but others can charge a significant amount.

After a bit of searching I came across RTK2GO (http://www.rtk2go.com/)
This is a community who share ntrip data and is free for anyone to use. The coverage seems fairly good and I have used it with the RTK module with great success.

if you enter www.rtk2go.com:2101 into a browser it will return the active ntrip streams, scroll to the bottom of the list and you will find the following…

If this Caster is on a public IP, your can decode it at SNIP's NTRIP Caster Table Decoder page
[You can press the 'View All' button to see the Base Stations displayed on a map.]

You can display a map showing all the available casters worldwide.

I hope this helps!

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Enterprise advanced - I can't seem to get good quality images??, 1st flight i produced some 45kb thumbnails :-/. . .changed some settings and the biggest i've managed are around 240kb??

Any tips on processes to take to improve the quality? I've spoken to the dealer and got sent a youtube video which was of an older model and different lcd screen options to change the image quality

Also the memory card?. . . there is a slot in the controller and one in the drone itself - which is the better place to put the micro SD card and is there anything i need to select to save data to the card rather than the aircraft's memory?

Thanks in advance :)

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Enterprise advanced - I can't seem to get good quality images??, 1st flight i produced some 45kb thumbnails :-/. . .changed some settings and the biggest i've managed are around 240kb??
It sounds like you've just been looking at thumbnail images, rather than the actual full-sized images.
If the drone you bought is like all other DJI drones, you need to have your SD card in the drone and get your images from there.

Do a little desktop test shooting, no need to fly for that.

Any tips on processes to take to improve the quality? I've spoken to the dealer and got sent a youtube video which was of an older model and different lcd screen options to change the image quality

Also the memory card?. . . there is a slot in the controller and one in the drone itself - which is the better place to put the micro SD card and is there anything i need to select to save data to the card rather than the aircraft's memory?

Thanks in advance :)
As @Meta4 suggested - you obviously are not looking at the full size images stored on the aircraft SD card. Those will be either 12 MP or 48 MP, depending on the camera settings. The controller SD slot allows you to download images to the controller from the aircraft after the flight - it's not the primary media storage location.

bummer where is the m3 pro :confused:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun