DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS 11 issue on iPhone 7 Plus

Westie86

Reactions
Hello I need help! I’ve had iOS 11 for a couple of months now beta versions and the mavic worked perfectly on it, now thou turn everything on and the phone vibrates when connected to the controller so the controller recognises the phone but when the app is open it just says disconnected? I’ve unplugged the side cable and used the bottom USB port still not working. So I tried my partners iPhone 6s on iOS 10 and it worked straight away. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app several time and still no joy please help thanks in advance.

Hello I need help! I’ve had iOS 11 for a couple of months now beta versions and the mavic worked perfectly on it, now thou turn everything on and the phone vibrates when connected to the controller so the controller recognises the phone but when the app is open it just says disconnected? I’ve unplugged the side cable and used the bottom USB port still not working. So I tried my partners iPhone 6s on iOS 10 and it worked straight away. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app several time and still no joy please help thanks in advance.

I know it’s not the safest way but I actually turn the Mavic on first, have my phone plugged into the rc and then turn on the rc to connect to the Mavic.

This is the only way I can get connected at times.

Try it and let us know.

Reactions: Westie86
I know it’s not the safest way but I actually turn the Mavic on first, have my phone plugged into the rc and then turn on the rc to connect to the Mavic.

This is the only way I can get connected at times.

Try it and let us know.
Thanks I’ve alreay tried this

i always turn App on first then connect to controller and then turn on mavic,never had issues but now if i close the app it won’t reconnect

Have you unplugged the small cable on the left hand side? If you are using USB you have to unplug the micro port on the left hand side. It can’t have anything plugged into it if you are using USB.

Hi, did you manage to resolve this? I have exactly the same scenario and it’s driving me up the wall!

I apologize Htommy, I missed in your previous post that you had indeed removed the side connector when using the USB. I’m updating iOS and mavic firmware as we speak so I’ll see what happens and offer what advice I can.

Reactions: htommy and Jeff48
Just as an FYI I had a connection issue on 0900 and iOS and I had to reboot my phone. Then power on controller, connect phone and then boot the app up. Then power on Mavic and that worked for my previously. Will let you know how latest updates go.

Loaded firmware update for Mav & DJI Go 4 app and updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 11 this afternoon. Just took Mavic Pro for a test flight; everything worked, settings didn’t change, all good.

Reactions: htommy
Just to confirm. All is good with iphone 7+ going to iOS 11.0.2???

I'd like to update, but would also like to continue flying my Mavic. :)

(Yes...I posted this same comment/question in another thread...then later saw this thread which was specifically for iphone 7+)

Just to confirm. All is good with iphone 7+ going to iOS 11.0.2???

I'd like to update, but would also like to continue flying my Mavic. :)

(Yes...I posted this same comment/question in another thread...then later saw this thread which was specifically for iphone 7+)

I have not had any issues whatsoever. Just make sure you boot in the right sequence etc.

I have not had any issues whatsoever. Just make sure you boot in the right sequence etc.

I forgot to ask. What versions are you using for the following:

Mavic firmware:
RC firmware:
DJI Go 4 version:

I know you said you updated everything, but some people say they update...but not to the latest on all items. It's clearer when you post the actual numbers for all. I'm sorry for being a hard-aaa but I just want to make sure I cover all bases.

Here is where I'm at now:

Mavic firmware: 01.04.0000
RC firmware: 01.04.0000
DJI Go 4 version: 4.1.11
iphone 7+ iOS: 10.3.2

I forgot to ask. What versions are you using for the following:

Mavic firmware:
RC firmware:
DJI Go 4 version:

I know you said you updated everything, but some people say they update...but not to the latest on all items. It's clearer when you post the actual numbers for all. I'm sorry for being a hard-aaa but I just want to make sure I cover all bases.

Here is where I'm at now:

Mavic firmware: 01.04.0000
RC firmware: 01.04.0000
DJI Go 4 version: 4.1.11
iphone 7+ iOS: 10.3.2

Same on all accounts

I updated to iOS 11.1.2 last night. Took my mavic out for a fly this morning and all seemed fine.

Tonight I’ve opened Go 4 to review the footage from today with a mate and it lasts about 30 seconds to a minute before crashing.

I’ve turned the plone off and on but has not worked. I’m a little nervous about deleting the app and reinstalling as it looks like I will lose all settings and video cache.

Has anyone else had any issues like this after updating iOS firmware

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028