DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS 13 update 9/19/19

Hi. I’ve read that some folks using the iOS 13 Beta have had issues with DJI GO4 app. Should I be concerned upgrading to iOS13 this month? Should I wait a few weeks to see if it’s causing flight issues with the Go4 app? Just wondering. Thanks and Happy Flying??
Flew yesterday my Mavic Air.....no problems.
I had a firmware update before taking off

I'm on 12.4.1 and everything seems to be working fine. Have not had any Go4 issues at all .
Didn't even now about that Beta 13 .
If they have an update to 13 I will do it as soon as it comes out,I always do .
I am with Thomas B. Waiting awhile after an iOS update comes out before upgrading is prudent. Many updates have proven buggy and introduced new problems for some users. I always research things first. Forbes is one place I go to do so.

Reactions: Slade
Well lots wait and is good to research. Me I don't rely on others to do it for me I like to do my own
be it Go App updates, firmware or IOS updates. I research by doing it myself. To each his own .;)
Now where's that blasted update for the iPad .:(

Well lots wait and is good to research. Me I don't rely on others to do it for me I like to do my own
be it Go App updates, firmware or IOS updates. I research by doing it myself. To each his own .;)
Now where's that blasted update for the iPad .:(
I appreciate your willingness to take those risks. It's reports from people like you that save people like me from problems associated with buggy updates ?

I appreciate your willingness to take those risks. It's reports from people like you that save people like me from problems associated with buggy updates ?
Well is what I like to do. ;)

Reactions: Thomas B
Well is what I like to do. ;)
Having run iOS 13 beta for 3 months with no problems with DJIGo (albeit with a few problems for the month before, all on the iOS side) I'm comfortable with the phone's ability to handle the app. The other issue is what DJI may have done in their own tweaks to upgrade to iOS 13. I'm still comfortable with flying but there's the possibility there may be a bug on DJI's end that could cause issues.

Having run iOS 13 beta for 3 months with no problems with DJIGo (albeit with a few problems for the month before, all on the iOS side) I'm comfortable with the phone's ability to handle the app. The other issue is what DJI may have done in their own tweaks to upgrade to iOS 13. I'm still comfortable with flying but there's the possibility there may be a bug on DJI's end that could cause issues.
Well I just looked and like they said 13.1 is now available
for my iPad I will do it tonite and hopefully get to try it out
tomorrow.

Well I just looked and like they said 13.1 is now available
for my iPad I will do it tonite and hopefully get to try it out
tomorrow.
I have been on 13.1 beta (now on 4, I think) for at least a month since they transitioned from 13.0 and it runs with DJIGo just fine.

(that's on an iPhone; I have it on my iPad too but don't use it to fly).

i upgraded Saturday to IOS 13. Flew Sunday with no issues. Side note: I don't see too much real exciting in 13. What is the big deal with dark mode?

I don't care for dark mode, have it on iMac and don't use it.

Was looking around in this update and looked in Go App and this popped up. Never saw it before.
D37994BA-AAB6-46AF-9D73-2B1236A14C34.png
not sure what that’s for.

Apple have introduced new privacy options in iOS 13. You will get a warning for every app that uses Bluetooth. Why does Facebook or Twitter need access to your Bluetooth. So that they can work out your location from Bluetooth beacons found in retail or office premises and offer supposedly relevant apps and build up a profile of your movements.
Think before you say yes!

Apple have introduced new privacy options in iOS 13. You will get a warning for every app that uses Bluetooth. Why does Facebook or Twitter need access to your Bluetooth. So that they can work out your location from Bluetooth beacons found in retail or office premises and offer supposedly relevant apps and build up a profile of your movements.
Think before you say yes!
Yep. Here is a link with some more info:

IOS & Bluetooth

Just did 2 fights and tried several modes and looks good so far.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid