DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IOS HEAT AND OTHER ISSUES

Gary cato

Reactions
Took off from 200 m on a platform overrlooking andaman sea thailand.

First issue on take off drone turned as it ascended which it has never done.

Second issue minor signal/RC CONNECTION ISSUES yet i was over clear sea 60m above take off nothing at all to disrupt signal

Kept flying as i like to test stuff in safe areas

At 4400m i got the RTH warning and i always turn at this point

RTH worked AC TURNED flew exact line home i had OA ON i decided to turn OA OFF.
At this point the AC JUST STOPPED.

Stayed in hover at 4000 m out over the sea

After 10 secs the AC started back home. Why did it stop when i turned OA off?
No panic as **** happens

But IOS i got a dark screen then black screen at firt i though disconnect.

RC SCREEN showedAC still closing distance on Rth so again no panicmy RTH HEIGHT WAS ENOUGH TO CLEAR ANYTHING AS I WAS OUT TO SEA straight line flight only.

As the AC WAS COMING HOME i investigated further

F&&&& iphone shut off completely no disconnects at all RC showed 20 sats HD 4 bars and RC 3 bars

So what did hapoen?

Iphone 7plus no shade 33 degrees the phone turned itself off mid flight due to overheating.

On realising this i let the Mavic do its thing. When in range i took over flying on RC

I WAS NOT IMPRESSED AT THE PHONE JUST SWITCHING OFF

5 minutes in car and turned on all normal

A warning sign this may hapoen is iphone will go into low power mode first

Hence screen going very darkl barely able to see it

Then

2 mins phone shut down

Flight was 9kilometres

Overheating your phone is your own fault. If your baking the phone in the sun while using an expensive app, yea it's going to overheat.

Overheating your phone is your own fault. If your baking the phone in the sun while using an expensive app, yea it's going to overheat.
Oh wow right my fault sorry i Am a technical freak who knows iphones overheat and switch iff right? I wonder how many people in the world who spent 800 on an iphone who never owned one know about this. Bearing in mind i never had a single shutdown on Samsung.

Does it somewhere have a sign if u buy this phone dont use it unless u are in a perfectly sir cooled enviroment.

This was posted in case there are others out there who might mistake the shutdown as other issues

And DJI GO 4 is free hardly expensive for an app with all other apps shutdown and on airplane mode

I guess thats why i love this forum because everyone expects everyone to know everything about everything before they do anything

Well, now you know :) Quite a number of reports and threads around about this. At least shade the phone from the sun, black absorbs sun heat like crazy.

Computationally expensive...
Yep thank u at least there is some info there.
I will say the only threads i saw when i got the phone were how iphones were the best for the DJI app and i guess my british sense of humour was missed re the app.
We all have to learn somewhere as no one can learn except through experience of theirselves others

I guess some of us are succesful in different ways and my ways are not of a technical nature

Better to tesch nicely and positively than just stick it to someone with no thought

I admire the technical work people do on here lets see if they can run my three companies without messing up then try it again without the info given as to why they messed up

Thailand averages 34 about now fior next 6 months i guess i better get a portable air con for my portable Mavic

Oh wow right my fault sorry i Am a technical freak who knows iphones overheat and switch iff right? I wonder how many people in the world who spent 800 on an iphone who never owned one know about this. Bearing in mind i never had a single shutdown on Samsung.

Does it somewhere have a sign if u buy this phone dont use it unless u are in a perfectly sir cooled enviroment.

This was posted in case there are others out there who might mistake the shutdown as other issues

And DJI GO 4 is free hardly expensive for an app with all other apps shutdown and on airplane mode

I guess thats why i love this forum because everyone expects everyone to know everything about everything before they do anything
IOS warns you when it gets too hot and will switch to low power mode in the process. This is to prevent itself from getting hotter. Failing to stop the process it will disable itself with a too hot message. Still not enough? It will shutdown. The phone typically overheats when heavy applications are used while the phone is backing in the sun.

Reactions: Gary cato
Yep thank u at least there is some info there.
I will say the only threads i saw when i got the phone were how iphones were the best for the DJI app and i guess my british sense of humour was missed re the app.
We all have to learn somewhere as no one can learn except through experience of theirselves others

I guess some of us are succesful in different ways and my ways are not of a technical nature

Better to tesch nicely and positively than just stick it to someone with no thought

I admire the technical work people do on here lets see if they can run my three companies without messing up then try it again without the info given as to why they messed up

Thailand averages 34 about now fior next 6 months i guess i better get a portable air con for my portable Mavic
Just put a sun shade over the phone. Problem solved.

Reactions: Gary cato
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oldnumber7