DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS, OSX & iTunes users, where is the ipa file for DJI GO4

dgd3

Reactions
I want to archive the DJI GO4 app ipa file before updating my iPad.
I am using iOS 10.3.3 and iTunes 12.6.3 running on OSX10.13.3.

Attached is a screen shot of my iTunes showing the DJI GO4 icon on the iOS screen yet there is not DJI GO4 listed as an app. The app and corresponding iPad file are invisible. Same for the DJI GO app.

Help and advice?

Attachments

• screen shot of my iTunes showing the DJI GO4 icon on the iOS screen.png
    screen shot of my iTunes showing the DJI GO4 icon on the iOS screen.png
    328 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I am using iOS 10.3.3 and iTunes 12.6.3

Last edited:
The easiest way is a backup of your whole iPad via iTunes. That backup is stored on your PC and, in case if you encounter problems, can easily be reverted back.

The easiest way is a backup of your whole iPad via iTunes. That backup is stored on your PC and, in case if you encounter problems, can easily be reverted back.

Thanks but your idea won't work for me. I'm have many hundreds of apps so restoring my whole ipad to revert one app then making sure everything works after is overkill and a several day process because of my data content. Reverting one app takes only a few minutes.
When iTunes downloads an iOS app update the previous app version is put in the trash. I move those to a folder where I keep them to revert any of them back individually. I can't find the ipa file for DJI GO4 like I can my other app ipa files. So I wonder where it is?

Last edited:
I found this and I'm going to give it a try later:

How to extract .ipa files ( iOS Apps ) on Mac OS X and Windows

Launch iTunes app on your computer, and go to the App Store
Download the app ( any app you want to extract, i.e. Telegram)
Once App is downloaded, right-click on the app and click Show in Finder. Windows users need to click Show in Windows Explorer

Do want to keep the .ipa file so that you can use an older version of the DJI Go4 app?

Do want to keep the .ipa file so that you can use an older version of the DJI Go4 app?

Yes.
Sometimes new apps take away a feature I liked or they are buggy. I know how to rev back and reinstall them if I have the IPA file.

Last edited:
Its in your documents/music folder. Will be an itunes folder i recall and then inside the mobile applications folder will be the ipa files.

Its in your documents/music folder. Will be an itunes folder i recall and then inside the mobile applications folder will be the ipa files.

That's just the thing, it's not showing up in any of the locations it should and when it's updated there's no IPA file put in the trash. It's some kind of stealth file.

That latest version of iTunes does not "do" apps like it used to. It does not keep a copy of the ipa anymore.

That latest version of iTunes does not "do" apps like it used to. It does not keep a copy of the ipa anymore.
I know. That's why I use an older version that does. I am using iOS 10.3.3 and iTunes 12.6.3 running on OSX10.13.3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54