DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IP Rating

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
Hi all
Does anyone know the IP rating for the MA2? Can't find it on any of the specs or even with a google search

unless it has an IP rating in the specs then you have to presume it is not waterproof, that is why its not advisable to fly in fog or rain with out some form of protection fitted ,more expensive drones will have an IP43 rating, but that does not make them completely waterproof ,its the electronics that are most at risk and the battery from water ingress

Based on DJI's recommendations to keep it away from water, sand, dust, rain, snow, fog, and clouds, I'd say that it sadly does not have any dustproofness or waterproofness to speak of; however, I found this video of someone flying in pretty heavy rain. When it starts raining, I always land immediately to keep my drone safe & dry, but I'm not afraid of it getting a drop or two on approach to the landing zone after watching that video. I do recommend drying off the propellers and body if you have a 'wet landing,' to prevent any ice or frost in winter.

Hi all
Does anyone know the IP rating for the MA2? Can't find it on any of the specs or even with a google search

Recommend you get the Air 2 Wet Suit its designed for flying in Heavy Rain.
We now have over 100 videos of flying in the rain. and ship to the UK .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
The fact that there are some youtube videos showing the drone flying in rain does not mean that the drone is splash proof. To be splash proof there must be some seals for stopping water to contact the electronics and electrical contacts but there is none.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka