DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Air 2, mavmount, iOS 11.

Droneguy18

Reactions
Recently purchased iPad Air 2 128 gb on EBay for under $300. Best decision I could have made. Anti reflective screen a major improvement over iPad Air 1 and iPhone 6s. Flying in sunny conditions without hood. Mounted on mavmount...perfect!! Tried screen recording in iOS 11...perfect. 2 flights, great video. Very happy with my experience with Mavic so far (about 40 flights).

Recently purchased iPad Air 2 128 gb on EBay for under $300. Best decision I could have made. Anti reflective screen a major improvement over iPad Air 1 and iPhone 6s. Flying in sunny conditions without hood. Mounted on mavmount...perfect!! Tried screen recording in iOS 11...perfect. 2 flights, great video. Very happy with my experience with Mavic so far (about 40 flights).
Cool!!! I have same setup and yes it is perfect!!!

Just got the MavMount and I'm very happy using it with my iPad Air 2 (which I use for so many things every day from reading the newspaper to watching movies and TV, reading books, etc).

When I got the Mavic, I thought I might have to buy an iPad Mini. The iPhone was just too small and when I first saw pictures of the MavMount, it seemed cumbersome.

But now that I have it, it's comfortable and it is so much better to use than the iPhone.

So a little update and suggestion that with your iPad Air 2 or for that matter any of the bigger iPads you may want to get the MavMount heavy duty bracket and use an OtterBox or something on it because the fact that it is kind of top-heavy it could fall over and crack when you put it down which has sadly happened to me, lesson learned!

Thanks. I realized that it was top heavy the first time I used it. I’m always careful to tilt controller down carefully when using. I’ve been avoiding a case as I’ve read about iPads getting hot. Again, thanks for the heads up.

So a little update and suggestion that with your iPad Air 2 or for that matter any of the bigger iPads you may want to get the MavMount heavy duty bracket and use an OtterBox or something on it because the fact that it is kind of top-heavy it could fall over and crack when you put it down which has sadly happened to me, lesson learned!

Sorry to hear that. What cracked? The iPad, the mavmount or the controller?

Sorry to hear that. What cracked? The iPad, the mavmount or the controller?
So I just finished a flight and it was kind of hectic because I started getting some wind and I finally bought it down and went to grab my mavic but I turned around just to watch the wind hit the iPad controller combo and knock it off the hood of my car right onto the ground!!!

I use a tempered glass screen protector on all my devices... but the glare is terrible.
I assume you’re going stock for the iPad?

I use a tempered glass screen protector on all my devices... but the glare is terrible.
I assume you’re going stock for the iPad?
Actually before I went with the OtterBox setup I was using a screen protector.
5d880e64cd46fd3de7325507b9c6ab4b.jpg

very glad to read about your experience with the Mavmount, and solid score on that ipad. larger screens make all the difference when trying to compose and expose shots properly. It basically becomes the same setup I use on my inspire 2 with the Mavmount. here's my babies yesterday at the park.

mavpic.jpg

Reactions: Oconnb910
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slave2soul