DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad blanking out after picture

Bellaflys2016

Reactions
I’m not sure what’s going on. But it happened the other day. I was flying and taking video and that was fine. Then I took a picture and lost signal. Then today I took a few pictures and then all of the sudden. The iPad does and it comes back like it’s dead and the little plug is on the screen indicating it need to be charged. I thought oh well. The drone wasn’t that far away so I flew back and landed. After I put everything in the car I turned the iPad on and it had 46%. Wth is going on?

I had the same thing happened to my new iPhone 8+. With 50% phone battery and 40% on the bird 2.7 miles out. At first I tried to fly blind bringing it home but it didn’t respond too well. Finally when battery dropped to 28% I just F it and press Return to home. Landed the bird with 4% battery.

It was nerve wrecking experience. My hands were sweating in 9°F / -13°C weather.

Reactions: Bellaflys2016
It was about 33 out. I didn’t know either one would affect it like that.

There's your answer. The back of the iPad is aluminum. It's a giant heat sink. The cold pulled the heat out of the batteries and they bounced back after they warmed up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_