DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 2?

jwilk805

Reactions
I was trying to get an opinion on which iPad mini to buy? I have the iPad mini 1 and DJI Fly does not support it, so I have heard that the iPad mini 2 was the best, mainly bc of the screen brightness! I only want it to fly my drone with.. can anyone give me suggestions on it before I purchase one?

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
i thought Mini 4 was the oldest one to support Go FLy

I think you’re right I remember reading something about that which I find kind of hard to believe.

Reactions: jwilk805
I got a refurbished iPad mini 5 off Ebay for reasonable $. Works great!

I recently picked up a refurb iPad 2 with cellular off of eBay. No issues with loading Go Fly or running with the Mavic Mini. I did have to spend an extra $20 on Amazon to pick up a tablet mount and longer OTG cable. Much nicer with the bigger screen compared to the iPhone screen.

I recently picked up a refurb iPad 2 with cellular off of eBay. No issues with loading Go Fly or running with the Mavic Mini. I did have to spend an extra $20 on Amazon to pick up a tablet mount and longer OTG cable. Much nicer with the bigger screen compared to the iPhone screen.
Which mount did u purchase? Bc I’ve read reviews both above and below the controller, trying to see which one is better? Send me the link for that and for the OTG cable.. I’ve found both of Amazon but wanna weigh my odds and get the best one... mainly bc I think I will use my wife’s iPad Air until I find a mini that I want and the Airs weight may shift my options!

I was trying to get an opinion on which iPad mini to buy? I have the iPad mini 1 and DJI Fly does not support it, so I have heard that the iPad mini 2 was the best, mainly bc of the screen brightness! I only want it to fly my drone with.. can anyone give me suggestions on it before I purchase one?
I use an ipad mini 2 and it no longer will support the DJI Go 4 app. The processor is too slow and the screen will freeze mid flight. I now use the Litchi app and this took
care of the screen freezes. To use the DJI Go 4 you need to go with the ipad mini 4

Which mount did u purchase? Bc I’ve read reviews both above and below the controller, trying to see which one is better? Send me the link for that and for the OTG cable.. I’ve found both of Amazon but wanna weigh my odds and get the best one... mainly bc I think I will use my wife’s iPad Air until I find a mini that I want and the Airs weight may shift my options!

Here’s the mount and cord I went with. So far they both seem good.

Anbee Foldable 4-10 Inch... Amazon.com: Anbee Foldable 4-10 Inch Phone/Tablet Extended Front Holder - Over Display Mount for DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic Mini/Spark Drone Remote Controller, Free Neck Strap: Toys & Games

RCstyle Mavic Mini /Spark OTG... Amazon.com: RCstyle Mavic Mini /Spark OTG Cable for IPhone To Micro USB Cable Cord Perfect Size Right Angle Nylon Adapter Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini/Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom / Mavic Air/Pro / Platinum Controller 1ft: Computers & Accessories

iPad Mini 5 recently reduced pricing at Best Buy stores:

I picked up a used iPad Mini 2 (with cellular, unlocked) to use with my Mavic Mini.

To date, it has worked well, except I have gotten a "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" warning message a couple of times. This has both times been at the end of a 20+ min flight, with video cache on as well as with screen recording on. Both times I did not experience any flight problems, and landed back home with no incident.

IMG_0008_02.jpg

A quick Google search will show that others have experienced this same warning, even when using the iPad Mini 4.

Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.

............ from about post #13.

Warning Message: "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performancewill be affected"

I am hoping to get the new Air 2 (Hopefully :cool: ), and at that time I will re-evaluate my tablet situation.

Cheers and Stay Safe!

Last edited:
Hello Buddys!!!
Do u think possible a mini ipad 1 works w another app to Mavic Pro? not Dji Go4 !

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_