DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 and lanyard

winochef

Reactions
I have found it was better balanced to place the iPad mini 4 in the RC arms rather than my Mavmount. The Mavmount made it seem top heavy. But due to my disability I have limited hand functioned and like to have a lanyard attached as a safety precaution from dropping remote and iPad. I had the lanyard option on the Mavmount and liked the security it gave me. Does anyone have any lanyard suggestions that would work with the iPad mounted between the remote arms and not block the USB port?

I have found it was better balanced to place the iPad mini 4 in the RC arms rather than my Mavmount. The Mavmount made it seem top heavy. But due to my disability I have limited hand functioned and like to have a lanyard attached as a safety precaution from dropping remote and iPad. I had the lanyard option on the Mavmount and liked the security it gave me. Does anyone have any lanyard suggestions that would work with the iPad mounted between the remote arms and not block the USB port?

Just get something like this off ebay

Remote Controller Hanging Lanyard Strap Buckle Bracket for DJI Mavic Pro Drone | eBay
HTB1BaarQFXXXXbwXFXXq6xXFXXXW_large.jpg

I have that (in black, US purchased) and like it as a cheap solution. I keep the mini4 attached all the time though (dedicated device), so can't speak to any frequent dismounting and mounting issues. With the supplied rubber(?) inserts, it holds the mini4 edges tightly and stays mounted to the controller arms (slips over them).

PGYTECH sell this lanyard. It should work with any mobile device.

Lanyward.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Neither one is expensive so I’ll give both a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson