DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 cable

If you slide the Mini 4 slightly to the left in a tablet mount, and feed the stock cable through the tablet mount, instead of around it, you won't need one!

Reactions: crosswired
I haven't seen any CPU overload errors with my Mini 4. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of flying time yet on the MA2, so I can't say it's a definitive conclusion for me. I've got newer, larger iPad and my iPhone for alternates if the Mini hits the wall, but I'd like to keep using the Mini if I can. It seems to be the right balance (for me) of size and weight compared to my other options on hand.

Reactions: Parrotoid
Sounds like it works for some but not others. Let us know how it works for you.

Had the same results as in the video with iPhone 6S and iPad mini 2. Every flight.
Been using a mini 5 since last July. Have never seen the issue even with cache video on and screen record.
Mavic Pro Platinum.

As for the cable, see post #2.

Last edited:
no issues with mini 4 whatsoever (128GB), video cache set to Auto
MA2 EU version without ADS-B

I use my ipad mini4 without a problem for my Spark, my MA1 and my MM.
Received the new MA2 a couple days ago and tested it flying for 10 mins with no problems yet.

However I would like to steer back the discussion to the original title.

I'm too trying to find a longer OTG USB-C to Lightning cable for the MA2 controller. I have longer OTG cables for Spark, MM and MA2 but wont fit the MA2.
Made some Google searches with no luck.

I’ve been using my M2P with an iPad Mini 4 for over a year now. Works perfect. Here’s a pic of how to hook up the lightning-to-usb cable. Plug the USB end into the bottom of the controller. Then run the cable over to the right and plug the lightning end into your iPad mini.

21dbf8f1b4a96a8c14deff1ccb29ff4c.jpg

Two quick notes... first, use a SHORT cable. Makes it easier to hook up and it’s out of the way. And second, DEFINITELY spring for a tablet holder. Mine (I bought an F-Stop) was only about 20 bucks and it’s fantastic. Good luck!

Now I’m worried about using my iPad mini 4. It worked great with my mini. I thought I’d be fine with it. I’d hate for it to crap out on me. Just don’t want to spend the money on a new one as it works for whatever else I use it for b

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69