DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad mini 4 connection problems

PropSpin

Reactions
I just recently purchased a used iPad mini 4 for use as a dedicated device for my M2P. The mini looks as good as new and charged with no problems and connects to my computer just fine too.

I just tried to use it tonight with my M2P and used a brand new certified USB to lightning cable and the DJI GO 4 app would not connect to the remote. I finally took the mini off of the remote mount and tried using the much shorter DJI micro usb to lightning cable that came with the remote. At first I had no luck, but then I tried wiggling the lightning connector slightly and suddenly the App connected. The connector seemed sensitive to movement and pressure - moving it would cause disconnects. So I switched back to the new lightning to usb cable and it just connected like nothing was ever wrong. I even tried wiggling the lightning connector on the new cable to see if it would disconnect, but I didn't have any problems.

Any idea why DJI GO 4 with the USB to lightning cable wouldn't connect to begin with? Anybody else have this type of problem connecting to a mini, or any other Apple device?

I guess the DJI micro USB to lightning is just defective or out of spec...

I just recently purchased a used iPad mini 4 for use as a dedicated device for my M2P. The mini looks as good as new and charged with no problems and connects to my computer just fine too.

I just tried to use it tonight with my M2P and used a brand new certified USB to lightning cable and the DJI GO 4 app would not connect to the remote. I finally took the mini off of the remote mount and tried using the much shorter DJI micro usb to lightning cable that came with the remote. At first I had no luck, but then I tried wiggling the lightning connector slightly and suddenly the App connected. The connector seemed sensitive to movement and pressure - moving it would cause disconnects. So I switched back to the new lightning to usb cable and it just connected like nothing was ever wrong. I even tried wiggling the lightning connector on the new cable to see if it would disconnect, but I didn't have any problems.

Any idea why DJI GO 4 with the USB to lightning cable wouldn't connect to begin with? Anybody else have this type of problem connecting to a mini, or any other Apple device?

I guess the DJI micro USB to lightning is just defective or out of spec...

Did you try the usb connector in the bottom of the RC rather than the one on the left side? Some folks have had better luck. It is where the joy sticks were stored.

Did you try the usb connector in the bottom of the RC rather than the one on the left side? Some folks have had better luck. It is where the joy sticks were stored.
Yes, that was the first attempt. At first it didn't work - restarted iPad, remote, AC. It finally worked after I switched to trying DJI's short cable that plugs into the side of the remote and then back again - since DJI's cable was intermittent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661