DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini gen 5

Sure is. Just got one and no problems. I went from the iPad Pro12.9 to the iPad mini 5 and love the change for the Mavic Mini. Fits right on the control with no tablet holder needed, perfect size screen for my needs.
I highly suggest it if you have the cash to burn.

Anyone know if the ipad mini gen 5 is compatible with the mavic mini?
It's not supported by DJI, but you can see people are using it here. And it's the 6th most popular mobile device over the past 3 months.

It's not supported by DJI, but you can see people are using it here. And it's the 6th most popular mobile device over the past 3 months.

So I'm curious, in theory could DJI reject a Refresh or warranty claim if the pilot was using an "unsupported device" to control their drone? Surely that data must be imbeded in the flight data files that DJI reviews?

The last DJI Fly app update announced support for the ipad, if I remember correctly.
So I'm curious, in theory could DJI reject a Refresh or warranty claim if the pilot was using an "unsupported device" to control their drone? Surely that data must be imbeded in the flight data files that DJI reviews?

The last DJI Fly app update announced support for the ipad, if I remember correctly. So I think as of now it is officially supported.

Sure is. Just got one and no problems. I went from the iPad Pro12.9 to the iPad mini 5 and love the change for the Mavic Mini. Fits right on the control with no tablet holder needed, perfect size screen for my needs.
Sweet. Good to hear considering I purchased one that should be here tomorrow.

Reactions: Advocate
Does anyone know if you fly with the DJI fly app and want to update the home point mid-flight, does your tablet either need to have GPS or be cellular connected?

What about screen brightness in sunlight?

The last DJI Fly app update announced support for the ipad, if I remember correctly. So I think as of now it is officially supported.
Oddly enough, the iPad Mini 5 still isn't on the list.

1589191212091.png

in theory could DJI reject a Refresh or warranty claim if the pilot was using an "unsupported device" to control their drone?
In theory, yes. But, I've never heard of a claim being rejected due to an unsupported mobile device being used. And since the drone is not flown and/or controlled by a mobile device, it should have no affect on your ability to fly the Mavic Mini.

Surely that data must be imbeded in the flight data files that DJI reviews?
I don't think so. The flight log does record the app being used though (e.g. DJI Fly).

Reactions: ff22 and Nonprophet
I've heard quite often that ipad mini "not supported by DJI"
FYI, that just means DJI doesn't offer technical support for it. And not that it won't technically work.

What about screen brightness in sunlight?
It’s not too bad. The brightness levels can be adjusted. I only have my iPad Pro and Android phone to compare it to and I think it’s better in the sun. I purchased a hood shade just for the heck of it and it works better than expected.

Reactions: ff22
Yep, sure does. I use a refurb'ed iPad mini 5 cellular and works like a champ!

So still can't get my mm to work. Imu won't calibrate. Note 8 note 9 iPhone 7plus and ipad mini gen 5, all same problem. Wont let me press start on imu calibration. I might be cursed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123