DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad Mini or 9" iPad Pro

I don't have the link at the moment. Look for the mini 4. When it comes up there are several option you can toggle. If you choose wifi+cellular (or similar, don't recall) the 16GB option comes up for $315. You might need to try this with several offers (vendors). When I looked at it they had one left in stock.

I am still trying to use my MotoG4. It was too windy today for a first flight.

I don't have the link at the moment. Look for the mini 4. When it comes up there are several option you can toggle. If you choose wifi+cellular (or similar, don't recall) the 16GB option comes up for $315. You might need to try this with several offers (vendors). When I looked at it they had one left in stock.

I am still trying to use my MotoG4. It was too windy today for a first flight.

Are you talking about Amazon or Ebay? To me there is a difference between buying a used or "user refurbished" unit from an individual on Ebay and buying a manufacturer refurbished unit on Amazon. I may be wrong about one being better than the other but I can find Ebay links but could not find a refurb mini 4 on Amazon anywhere near $315.... thus the whole reason for the original question. Don't worry about this, you have already spent more time on it than it is worth!

These are new ones on Amazon. Not refurbished, not on ebay. I guess, unless used as an dedicated monitor for a drone a 16GB ipad is not appealling to many, thus the low price.
Just IMHO

Here is the MavMount with the 9.7 iPad Pro!

1c17faadaa7c4332793c2674fa25eebf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

how long of a cable do we need? 12 inches?

Here is the MavMount with the 9.7 iPad Pro!

1c17faadaa7c4332793c2674fa25eebf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think need this setup, how do you like it? Is it heavy? Would you be willing to post a review?

Back in April or May Apple was clearing their stock of iPad pro's (9.7") to make room for the new version that recently came out. I ordered a couple for me and my wife fully dressed (with all options maxed out) these were to replace our old worn out iPad 2's the cost albeit high was justifiable since we took really good care of the older ones. In June I purchased my first mavic and now I'm realizing maybe I should've got a mini.

Thanks for any input you might offer

Got a mavic about 3 weeks ago and didnt want to take a chance using it with my android based on all the disconnect stories so I bought a 16gb Ipad Mini 4 wifi. I only plan on using the ipad for flying the mavic. Also bought the mavmount and I love the quality and how secure it holds the ipad! Just waiting on my state farm insurance card so I know I got approved and I cant wait to get up in the air!

Edit for those asking about a cable.. I went with a 12inch Anker Cable

Amazon.com: Anker PowerLine+ Lightning Cable (1ft) Durable and Fast Charging Cable [Double Braided Nylon] for iPhone, iPad and More (Red): Cell Phones & Accessories

Reactions: SKYGUY_88
I think need this setup, how do you like it? Is it heavy? Would you be willing to post a review?

Back in April or May Apple was clearing their stock of iPad pro's (9.7") to make room for the new version that recently came out. I ordered a couple for me and my wife fully dressed (with all options maxed out) these were to replace our old worn out iPad 2's the cost albeit high was justifiable since we took really good care of the older ones. In June I purchased my first mavic and now I'm realizing maybe I should've got a mini.

Thanks for any input you might offer

I took the plunge on the mav mount, it looked like a good mount, however it doesn't look like it will make it to me any time soon, I don't know if they fabricate them per order starting by mining the aluminum. May just cancel it and go with something else.

I took the plunge on the mav mount, it looked like a good mount, however it doesn't look like it will make it to me any time soon, I don't know if they fabricate them per order starting by mining the aluminum. May just cancel it and go with something else.

Why do you say that? Mine was at my door in less than a week.

View media item 1156Personally I bought the Goprofessional Mavic hard case installed Velcro pad inside the top lid and on back of my IPad case. When I fly I just open case plug in USB/lighting 6ft cable to bottom controller port and IPad. It's like watching the TV while playing a video game, plus the case works as a sunshade also. Great setup and very natural to fly with no added weight or odd feel to the controller. Pretty much a mini control box type setup.

Foam fits back in for travel/storage when I'm done and everything I need is in the case very handy. I have the IPad mini 4 AT&T cell model wish I had bought the 12.9" IPad Pro now it would make a even better viewing experience while flying.

Last edited:
View media item 1156Personally I bought the Goprofessional Mavic hard case installed Velcro pad inside the top lid and on back of my IPad case. When I fly I just open case plug in USB/lighting 6ft cable to bottom controller port and IPad. It's like watching the TV while playing a video game, plus the case works as a sunshade also. Great setup and very natural to fly with no added weight or odd feel to the controller. Pretty much a mini control box type setup.

Foam fits back in for travel/storage when I'm done and everything I need is in the case very handy. I have the IPad mini 4 AT&T cell model wish I had bought the 12.9" IPad Pro now it would make a even better viewing experience while flying.

That's a great idea! and just your phone whenever you don't want to lug around a case

It came today, I had enough daylight to give it a try and I have to say it is nice, my iPad Pro 9.7" fit nicely, wasn't heavy at all, holding the RC with one hand wasn't uncomfortable either.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but I could actually fly in places I couldn't before like behind a certain cluster of trees. I wonder if having my phone in the grips of the RC was doing more bad than good.

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
Now for a cable that isn't 4' long.
Got a mavic about 3 weeks ago and didnt want to take a chance using it with my android based on all the disconnect stories so I bought a 16gb Ipad Mini 4 wifi. I only plan on using the ipad for flying the mavic. Also bought the mavmount and I love the quality and how secure it holds the ipad! Just waiting on my state farm insurance card so I know I got approved and I cant wait to get up in the air!

Edit for those asking about a cable.. I went with a 12inch Anker Cable

Amazon.com: Anker PowerLine+ Lightning Cable (1ft) Durable and Fast Charging Cable [Double Braided Nylon] for iPhone, iPad and More (Red): Cell Phones & Accessories

Mavic Pete, are you satisfied with your cable?, does give full mobility without having too much slack? Thanks for you insight

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
Ordered and received the anker powerline, it's a good heavy duty cord, however for diversity I also ordered

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071ZS7XB6/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just in case I wanted slightly different cord placement. Heres what it looks like.

e6c3d4661a7ffa68db3ed7df811fc81c.jpg

This is the 8.14" Anbee cable, I noticed when I purchased short dji replacement. Haven't tested any of them for more than 1 flight so time will tell.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead