DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini4

Until someone gets their hands on one or a YouTuber makes
a video on it we won’t know. I bet if it don’t fit someone will
do a mod that will take whatever you have. We did with the P2’s and then the Standards. I see this no different .

Was able to find max device size specs. Doesn’t look like it will fit.
Definitely going to need an additional mount of some type.
D3869D00-68D3-43FC-8919-CB0500844C85.jpeg

Reactions: dirkclod
Probably needs an adapter.
Just working on a 3D printed adapter. Have to wait until the MA2 arrives to get the correct dimensions to fit the adapter right ...

Just working on a 3D printed adapter. Have to wait until the MA2 arrives to get the correct dimensions to fit the adapter right ...
The antennas built into the phone holder could be a potential problem, depending upon where they are. Hopefully not, though. They clearly prevent using a windsurfer, which concerns me more.

Reactions: dirkclod
Antennas on top and look where the arrow is. That lip don't
look like it will accept a cased phone. Unless I see a mod
to hold this 7x9 pad I use I won’t be having one.
Kinda see an issue having one this big anyway over the controller being a balance issue. Just gonna have and wait
till someone gets one and see what they come out with .
Course we can speculate all we want now . Gotta wait till
someone gets one to mess with.

0A40FEEA-A131-40BF-97B5-4F1105DF7155.jpeg

I have iPad mini 4 as well. This will be a deal breaker for me if that controller doesn’t fit that. I don’t want to add an adapter either. Hopefully we’ll get a video to confirm this.

Reactions: Fergy
The remote looks like 2x the size of the Mavic Air... The Mavic Air holds a iPad mini 4. It would be hard to believe that this one does not hold the iPad mini 4. But it looks like it doesn't. That would be disappointing.

• Sad
Reactions: Fergy
I use an adapter for the iPad Mini 4 on my MA controller, and would expect to with the MA2. It adds to setup time and mucks up the balance for sure.

But for any flight where the resulting video matters (and stills, to a slightly lesser degree), the tiny screen on a phone just doesn't carry the freight. The disadvantages are inconsequential in my view.

Reactions: Parrotoid
It says max height 184mm. I just measured my iPad Mini 4 and it is 134.8mm. That is unless you plan to put it in the long way then it won’t fit as the iPad Mini 4 is 203.2mm.

It says max height 184mm. I just measured my iPad Mini 4 and it is 134.8mm. That is unless you plan to put it in the long way then it won’t fit as the iPad Mini 4 is 203.2mm.

Interesting just have to wait and see until we get more reviews and tests done.

Yes, but the max width is only 86mm, so there is no way to make that dimension work for an ipad mini. No matter how your orient it, you can't fit it in 86mm.

DJI has already said that the ipad mini won't fit at release and they will be selling a tablet adapter for it.

Yes, but the max width is only 86mm, so there is no way to make that dimension work for an ipad mini. No matter how your orient it, you can't fit it in 86mm.

DJI has already said that the ipad mini won't fit at release and they will be selling a tablet adapter for it.

Just another way to suck a few more bucks out of the consumer! I am not a cynical person, but things like this really bother me. DJI clearly knows how many customers use tablets. To not make this part of the original design is just a money grab.

Just another way to suck a few more bucks out of the consumer! I am not a cynical person, but things like this really bother me. DJI clearly knows how many customers use tablets. To not make this part of the original design is just a money grab.
Having 3rd parties sell adapters for $10-$20 on Amazon is a really strange way for DJI to make money. ?

Reactions: Parrotoid
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661