DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad or phone?

Steveda30

Reactions
How many of you went back to just using your phone vs using a tablet? I use an ipad mini 5 but sometimes enjoy the brightness of my phone more.

I've been doing this for a long time and other than a device failure etc I don't use a phone as a viewing device. So much more Real Estate with an iPad.

Reactions: Steveda30
I like the Ipad mini 5 for its size and for the fact that I dont get interrupted by alerts while in flight. Putting it in airplane mode wasnt an option for me as i do need to still be connected to the world while flying. As far as brightness neither has been great. I just bought an antiglare/matte screen protector and a sunhood and that helps.

I like the Ipad mini 5 for its size and for the fact that I dont get interrupted by alerts while in flight. Putting it in airplane mode wasnt an option for me as i do need to still be connected to the world while flying. As far as brightness neither has been great. I just bought an antiglare/matte screen protector and a sunhood and that helps.
What screen protector did you get? I was thinking about going that route.

I use a HoodMan screen hood and it works GREAT!!

What screen protector did you get? I was thinking about going that route.
It was just an antiglare/matte one from Amazon. No big brand or anything. Just one with good reviews. That combined with a hood has been working for me. Additionally, I usually have to take off my sunglasses to see even better but mostly because they're polarized and polarized lenses make screens appear blurry.

im ipad mini 5 as well way better than phone ,,,,sun very rarely shows itself here anyway so no a big issue lol.....i have a cheap sunshade as well this combo works well for me for the last 18 months.

Reactions: Aerial West
I have the lifthor baldor ,solid but heavy and bulky ,but for travelling i use something like this...
Fit For DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone Accessories Tablet Mount Holder Bracket | eBay
weightless virtually and holds the ipad rock solid.
for the sun shade one like this
AIWOKE RC Drones Sun shade phone Tablet,Folding Monitor Sun Hood compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Air 2/ Mavic Air Pro/Mini/Spark/Phantom/Osmo Remote Controller Accessories (L200 (9.7 inch)): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
both work superb.

How do you attach an iPad Mini to the Air 2S controller? What product do you use? Thx
This is the one I use. It works perfect and you don't need a different cable.

You may not have one but I’m sure one of your friends does. Printers are dirt cheap now.
I know no with one I'm afraid .like I said less than £5 why bother and its got a proper moulded finish unlike some of the 3d printed crap I've seen.im not saying it all is but 90% of what I've seen is not pretty.

I know no with one I'm afraid .like I said less than £5 why bother and its got a proper moulded finish unlike some of the 3d printed crap I've seen.im not saying it all is but 90% of what I've seen is not pretty.
Sorry you don’t know anyone, that’s too bad.

I use this one for my iPad mini 4 and it isn’t going anywhere and can use the cable that came with the remote. Oh, you can’t beat the price.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007