DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad screen protector thickness question

Brevanskc

Reactions
Anyone know the maximum thickness screen protector for iPad 5 that will still allow it to fit in the controller arms of a MPP? It's already very tight without a protector. I have an amFilm .33 mm protector but it seems rather thick and don't want to go through the hassle of putting it on and removing if it won't work.

Anyone know the maximum thickness screen protector for iPad 5 that will still allow it to fit in the controller arms of a MPP? It's already very tight without a protector. I have an amFilm .33 mm protector but it seems rather thick and don't want to go through the hassle of putting it on and removing if it won't work.
iPad 5 (5th generation) will not fit, too tall.
If you meant iPad mini 5, it will fit with the screen protector you described.
I use a mini 2 (7.5 mm thick) and a mini 5 (6.1 mm thick)
6.1 + .33= 6.43 mm, which is less than 7.5, so no problem!
With MPP mini 5 is the best I could hope for after 700 flights.

Yes, I am sorry. I do mean the iPad mini 5. Thanks for the response.
I had a matte screen protector on my mini 2 and it fit. I needed it because the screen is very reflective. I do not use one on mini 5 because it is way less reflective and brighter.
The screen is so beautiful on mini 5 and it is dedicated to flying. A matte protector cuts the brilliance. A clear one will cause reflections. I will not use one on mini 5.

Yeah, I have been going back and forth about putting on a screen protector but felt I needed to protect it when I am out and about. If it's going to be more reflective I may need to think a little more about this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111