DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Uni is too loaded to function properly

Nork

Reactions
Hi everybody ?I am new to Dji world. I am trying to fly my mini with my iPad mini 3 and eep getting this message “your devices cpu is too loaded, may not properly function to flay the drone”. Anybody has my idea what I can do. Never got this message from my iPod for any other reason.
Thanks

Turn off all the superfluous functions and make sure no other apps are running in the background
  • histogram
  • overexposure warning
  • video subtitles
  • cache when recording
  • turn-off wi-fi and Bluetooth when flying, but cache the flight area maps first by moving around on the map to download relevant sections
  • in profile /settings/ clear cache/ clear the relevant caches
Unfortuantely the Ipad Mini 3 is reaching the end of it's performance life when comes to cpu intensive app's like DJI Fly

Turn off all the superfluous functions and make sure no other apps are running in the background
  • histogram
  • overexposure warning
  • video subtitles
  • cache when recording
  • turn-off wi-fi and Bluetooth when flying, but cache the flight area maps first by moving around on the map to download relevant sections
Unfortuantely the Ipad Mini 3 is reaching the end of it's performance life when comes to cpu intensive app's like DJI F

Thank you.

• histogram
  • overexposure warning
  • video subtitles
  • cache when recording
Unfortuantely the Ipad Mini 3 is reaching the end of it's performance life when comes to cpu intensive app's like DJI Fly
Thank you
I am learning and trying to have fun.
i decided to buy a new IPad mini.
hoping with this new SDK Release pretty soon we will have way point and follow me modes are available for mini too. That would make what I will spend in a new IPad worthwhile.

Thank you.

Thank you
I am learning and trying to have fun.
i decided to buy a new IPad mini.
hoping with this new SDK Release pretty soon we will have way point and follow me modes are available for mini too. That would make what I will spend in a new IPad worthwhile.

Look for an Ipad Mini 5

Reactions: ff22
I got iPod mini 5 but this time antenna doesn’t show the drone connection. It shows just red dots and no altitude either. I got the wi-fi version and found out that only cellular version has a a built in cumpass not wi-fi version. So I decided to return the iPad and stay with iPhone X max.

I got iPod mini 5 but this time antenna doesn’t show the drone connection. It shows just red dots and no altitude either. I got the wi-fi version and found out that only cellular version has a a built in cumpass not wi-fi version. So I decided to return the iPad and stay with iPhone X max.

Yes, it does start to get expensive when you have to buy an cellular Ipad Mini 5 just to use DI Fly properly

I got the wi-fi version and found out that only cellular version has a a built in cumpass not wi-fi version.

According to Apple’s specs, all models of the iPad Mini have a digital compass: iPad mini - Technical Specifications. My non-cellular iPad has a perfectly functional compass. The only thing missing from the wifi-only version is GPS.

Yes, it does start to get expensive when you have to buy an cellular Ipad Mini 5 just to use DI Fly properly

I’m curious to know why you’d think that. You don’t need an iPad (or any tablet) or a cellular connection to use the app properly. They may improve the experience in certain circumstances but they are by no means a requirement.

Last edited:
According to Apple’s specs, all models of the iPad Mini have a digital compass: iPad mini - Technical Specifications. My non-cellular iPad has a perfectly functional compass. The only thing missing from the wifi-only version is GPS.

I’m curious to know why you’d think that. You don’t need an iPad (or any tablet) or a cellular connection to use the app properly. They may improve the experience in certain circumstances but they are by no means a requirement.

Just wanted to see everything on a bigger screen. On I phone screen i had Difficult time tk make up battery percentage, .. etc. an I already have an iPad mini 3 so I started to try that one.
But finally a kind if good news when cleaned all apps from my iPhone and turned off remaining ones from refreshing in background last night I flew my mini successfully with my iPad mini 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13