DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad with Mavic 2 Pro

DoctorRennie

Reactions
I've currently got an iPad mini 2 and have been thinking about upgrading to one of Apple's new iPads but will probably wait until their September 12th announcement.

What mounting solution is the easiest to use with the larger tablets? I enjoy not using a mount right now but the iPad mini 2 is getting kinda slow compared with the new tablets.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Scott

For me I will be so glad when I can use my ultra Crystal Sky with my Mavic 2 Pro. After using the CS with my mavic pro for months it is almost painful to have to drop back to an ipad for a monitor. Flying today in bright sunlight reminded me again how nice the CS monitors are. Hurry DJI and upgrade CS so it will work well with Mavic 2.

I've currently got an iPad mini 2 and have been thinking about upgrading to one of Apple's new iPads but will probably wait until their September 12th announcement.

What mounting solution is the easiest to use with the larger tablets? I enjoy not using a mount right now but the iPad mini 2 is getting kinda slow compared with the new tablets.

Scott
I'm waiting for the Mini 5 which will be announced on the 12th.

Reactions: DoctorRennie

Scott
Turin off video caching in the DJI go app. That should help with performance.

For me I will be so glad when I can use my ultra Crystal Sky with my Mavic 2 Pro. After using the CS with my mavic pro for months it is almost painful to have to drop back to an ipad for a monitor. Flying today in bright sunlight reminded me again how nice the CS monitors are. Hurry DJI and upgrade CS so it will work well with Mavic 2.
Will Crystal Sky work with Litchi yet?

What do you mean additional mounts? How do you have set up on controller?
I like having a tablet that still fits in the same location as a phone . I have used some of the mounts that plug into the existing phone slot but then have a post that has another bracket that holds larger screens. They all feel cumbersome and top heavy to me.

I prefer a 9.7" if size is the only concern, but with remotes, it gets heavy, particularly with Phantom remotes, and awkward with the Mavic remote.
I bought the skycreat, I don't like it. I want my screen near the height of my remote, and not block the remote. But I digress from this topic.

It holds it very well. It doesn’t look like it but you could hold the controller and shake it up and down vigorously and the iPad4 would stay put.

Never announced?
Unfortunately it wasn't. I bought a new iPad and a Lifthor mount. Very happy with both. A bit more set up than a mini 4 but I do enjoy the large screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569