DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPAD

Jamie Preston

Reactions
So...... my iPad mini4 just bit the big one, I’ve contacted Apple support and updated and restored to factory settings with no change in the issue. It turns on and I can get as far as where it asks for the password.... seems I can’t type, swipe or do anything with the touch screen.... it’s unresponsive. I am going to take it to the Apple Store genius booth when they reopen after the CONVID19 crisis.
My question is...... what do you guys recommend as an upgrade? I’m looking at iPad mini5 as long as it still fits in the controller...... thoughts and recommendations? Not interested in Crystal Sky.

If it’s out of warranty junk it or sell it for $75-$100 as-is for parts only on eBay because You can buy a brand new Mini 4 for less than Apple charges for out of warranty repair. I just bought a brand new sealed Mini 4 128gig with cellular for $350 on eBay. I’ve seen used ones on some local Facebook groups for $120.

You might try force loading a fresh IPSW first and see what happens but it doesn’t sound promising.

The Mini 5 is the same size but there is no real advantage to it except the display is a bit brighter but if your only using it for your Mav is it worth it?

So...... my iPad mini4 just bit the big one, I’ve contacted Apple support and updated and restored to factory settings with no change in the issue. It turns on and I can get as far as where it asks for the password.... seems I can’t type, swipe or do anything with the touch screen.... it’s unresponsive. I am going to take it to the Apple Store genius booth when they reopen after the CONVID19 crisis.
My question is...... what do you guys recommend as an upgrade? I’m looking at iPad mini5 as long as it still fits in the controller...... thoughts and recommendations? Not interested in Crystal Sky.
My ipad mini 5 worked inside my home for firmware update , using the short mini usb cable that came with the fly more combo. now waiting for Amazon to ship a longer my mini usb to lighting cord to try it in the field. But you will have to remove your protective case if so to fit on the controller.

I use my iPad Mini 5 exclusively with my MA and Spark. It is wifi’ed to my Samsung Note 8 for GPS purposes. It will barely fit the controller wings, I am more comfortable with the DJI tablet holder for the Spark and the MavMount for the MA. I just feel I might be stretching the controller wings a bit too much.
The Mini 5 has proven an excellent platform for me, so I shall continue the trust. I can easily start DJI Go, insert the unlock code, hover, close down the Go and start Litchi for autonomous missions. I love the idea of closing other apps via swipe.
Now, if I can just return the wrong size mudflaps for my pickup for the correct size! Where’d I put that dang shipping box?

Try connecting it a PC and launching ITUNES and force starting it. You can get directions for doing this from the net.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilldale Harry