DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 6 shows "Disconnected" in DJI Go 4 App

tozlakes

Reactions
Just received Mavic today and cannot get to work with iPhone using version 10.2.1. iPhone is Verizon with both wi-fi and Bluetooth turned on. Fly's without iPhone with no issue but cannot get connected. Plugged securely into controller and iPhone with DJI supplied cable and nothing. Tried using Apple supplied iPhone charge cable to controller USB still with nothing.
I know it's a simple fix but also know there are a ton of people out there that have already resolved. Any help much appreciated from the newbie. tozlakes

Tried using Apple supplied iPhone charge cable to controller USB still with nothing.
Did you remove the cable from the left side of the remote controller before trying this?

No cable plugged in except for Apple USB. Phone vibrates every 2 seconds for about a minute while the controller shows "Connecting" Mavic turned on and still nothing although controller seems to see Mavic.

Reactions: spindlejockey
Try reinstalling DJI GO 4. If that does not fix the problem, then try restarting your iPhone.

If you are using the USB port on the bottom you need to pull the side connector out of the controller unit ( the same plug that you charge the controller) Learned this yesterday with my IPad.

Erased then reinstalled DJI GO 4 with no luck. Shutdown and restarted iPhone with no change. Used DJI provided controller to iPhone cable and multiple Apple USB cables and none of them worked. No DJI cable attached to side of controller at that time so not the issue. Using iPhone 6 with IOS 10.2.1 could this be a problem? Tried uploading DJI Go 4 to my iPhone 5 but keeps telling me the device is not compatible even with the last 9.3.5 IOS upgrade. Tried my iPad mini first edition and it for sure is not compatible. All attempts show "Disconnected" on my iPhone 6. Fly's fine with controller but no connection to view and/or record video. Is this related to some sort of sign in or registration with DJI? When turning on iPhone DJI App, With Mavic Pro as my device then it goes directly to calibration but from there it says disconnected and EVERYTHING shows N/A on iPhone screen! When turning on controller and iPhone App while plugged into one another, the controller says "connecting" and the phone vibrates every 2 seconds as long as the Mavic is not powered up. Once Mavic is powered up then the controller changes state as it sees Mavic and could care less about the iPhone, When iPhone is plugged in to controller and turned on it DOES NOT OPEN DJI go 4 as it says it will in directions.
Half of this Mavic is as impressive as it could ever be (flying without App and iPhone) but the rest is an absolute mess! Please help!

Does verizon cell, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth need to be on, off or makes no difference? I use the fingerprint to open iPhone is this the reason it won't open app when firing up controller? even though I have also used fingerprint to get past security, yet it does not open App?

Wifi and bluetooth make no difference for connection once you have activated your account.
I am confused, did you do the activation of the drone?

You need to first go to DJI website and create an account.
You need to have the the phones WiFi on or have a cell data connection.

Next follow this video. It's pretty much the same with the Mavic and DJI Go4

If this solves your problem I highly suggest that after activation you go back to the DJI website and order DJI refresh plan for $99 and have it added to your account and then print out the receipt and store it safely away.

Rob

Thanks for the video shortcut. The issue I am having is that when I plug in the controller to my iPhone 6, using either the USB or the DJI provided cable, turn on controller, open the DJI Go 4 app then turn on the Mavic, it does not recognize the connection and automatically open the activation page. Something is not communicating as to open the activate page. The video shows that all this happens automatically but it does nothing at all. Can I activate in some other way?

ABle to open Go 4 app and log in using the plane icon on bottom left yet just below it it shows disconnected with USB cable attached to controller and Mavic turn on. Controller and Mavic are ready to fly as controller says ready to go but does not see the iPhone. This is an absolute cluster!!!

Did a test and loaded the DJI Go 4 app to my iPad Pro. Connected with the USB cable and instantly got all three to connect to one another. It still did not open activation page but the camera and video recording worked flawlessly.
My iPhone is from a big corporation that I work for and may have some sort of restrictions placed on it not allowing it to work with DJI? Anyone come across this before? If so, could I use an iPhone 6 without a cell phone contract service, load the DJI Go 4 app using wi-if and dedicate it to flying the Mavic? Is there anyway that I can make my old iPhone 4 or version 1 iPad mini work with the DJI 4 app? Are there other apps I could use that are an option and don't have restrictions on using the latest Apple hardware? Thx, Tozlakes

I am having very similar problems in that the RC is connected to the MP but will not connect to the Go 4 app on my iPhone 6s running iOS 10.2.1. I've updated firmware on both RC and MP to most current version, deleted and reinstalled the Go 4 app more than once, powered down and back on the phone, tried both side FireWire and bottom USB connections, and even tried to connect to different devices (iPAD and a Samsung 7 Galaxy)... all with no ability to get off the Disconnected mode in the app.

I'm able to connect to the MP using Wi-Fi and run the app that way, but that obviously limits the distance I'm able to fly.

This was all working on my first 4 flights. Not sure why it stopped working and pretty frustrated that I'm not able to fly in FPV at this point.

Any help is much appreciated.

I have the same issue, the connection with an iPhone 6 plus is terrible, if I can even get it to connect it only lasts about 30 secs into a flight and then the screen goes blank and it helpfully suggests it should return to home as its lost video. Any help gratefully received although I've tried most things.

Really sounds like a dodgy cable. Try an authentic apple USB cable.

Hi guys! There something with Iphone 6, latest Ios.... But, I did have problem too with my Huawei Honor 8 at first. The support instruct me to put that android device in "developer mode" and enable something called USB debugging. Then that phone has worked just fine...

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
You’re way behind (2 generations) on your iOS updates. Latest is 12.1.1. Update and left us know if that worked. DJI and Apple work hand in glove. DJI Go 4 probably would work with this generation of iOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom