DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does the mini 4 pro charge?

Adrian0225

Reactions
Hi guys sorry for the dumb question but i just ordered the fly combo that comes with the extra battery I know it comes with USB/USBC cables but is there a charger provided? Can I use like my charger from my iPhone 14 ? I am really excited to get my DJI it’s going to be my first flight with something like this I had a drone when I was younger but nothing like this with gps satellites and collusion sensors etc. kinda nervous to take it up but I know DJI is the best of the best so that brings me some comfort. I am doing my homework reading up preflight things. Aiso downloaded some apps with one being B4UFLY. Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Adrian

Last edited:
Have you looked in any "whats in the box" web pages?
At guess a charger is not supplied.

Tips read the drone's flight manual CAREFULLY several times and ask questions about things you even think you might not understand correctly.
Give the RTH section particular attention.
The recommended charger is 30W

This is the wattage DJI recommend on the power delivery... going lower the charge will take longer, going much higher the charge time will not improve as the battery chip (BMS) will limit the wattage not to damage the battery.

1698876448482.png

Then I also recommend you to read through the full downloadable user manual... several times.

You have it here -->https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_4_Pro/DJI_Mini_4_Pro_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Reactions: Adrian0225
it comes with the usb/usb-C cable and one other C to C cable and the battery charging cradle that holds 3 batteries.
it does not come with a brick, so i ordered the DJI one from Amazon for right around $20

It looks like the same chargers for the Mini3 will work but I'm not able to confirm that.

So if you're looking to QUICKLY charge multiple batteries, you'll want something that Charges in Parallel and has enough power to do this efficiently. It will take about the same amount of time as charging each battery one at a time but the convenience of a Charging Hub means a lot. Plug them all in and eventually they will all be fully charged.

The Charging Hub from DJI charges in Series which means Batt #1 goes on Charge. Once it's charged Batt #2 starts charging. Once #2 is charged Batt #3 starts charging. Once Batt #3 is done Batt #4 starts charging.

Parallel charging means, in theory, if the unit has enough Watts, all attached batteries will be charged, at full charge rate, simultaneously. So you get 4 batteries charged as or nearly as quick as ONE battery would be charged.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne