DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone dim after flying for 5 minutes or so

neoblitz

Reactions
What I have already done.

1 disable auto brightness on the phone and set it to max

2. On the DJI go 4 app. While in the mavic fly mode. Swipe from the right and set brightness to max.

- then -

After around 5 mins of flying the phone 7 plus screen gets dim and I can't get back the brightness.

Now I've disabled auto lock to never. On the phone display settings.

Is there anything else I'm missing ?

This screen dim makes it very difficult to fly under sunlight or even in a smaller shade.

I've got the mavic pro sunshade. Not helping much when screen gets dim after a period of time.

Can anyone help? I've searched the forum from phone. Can't find any direct topic for this.

Thanks [emoji1317]

Same issue here ! Happened a few times w my 6s then just bought a 7 plus and it happened to me today ! So it's not the phones nor the iOS , 6s was on 9.3 and the 7plus is on 10.2

What I have already done.

1 disable auto brightness on the phone and set it to max

2. On the DJI go 4 app. While in the mavic fly mode. Swipe from the right and set brightness to max.

- then -

After around 5 mins of flying the phone 7 plus screen gets dim and I can't get back the brightness.

Now I've disabled auto lock to never. On the phone display settings.

Is there anything else I'm missing ?

This screen dim makes it very difficult to fly under sunlight or even in a smaller shade.

I've got the mavic pro sunshade. Not helping much when screen gets dim after a period of time.

Can anyone help? I've searched the forum from phone. Can't find any direct topic for this.

Thanks [emoji1317]
Have you tried disabling screen auto lock.
Auto-Lock.jpg

Might be battery overheating and preventing drawing high amps, that essentially means lower brightness to keep the phone stable.The screen is the only way the phone can cut back on amps drawn. This might be a normal behavior and built into the power IC on a hardware level.

Might be battery overheating and preventing drawing high amps, that essentially means lower brightness to keep the phone stable.The screen is the only way the phone can cut back on amps drawn. This might be a normal behavior and built into the power IC on a hardware level.
So if that's the case, other iPhone users would have the same issue.

I use to wonder if I had the same issue or was it just me moving around or the sun changing angles. At some point I got tired of dealing with it and found a solution.

DJI MAVIC SUNSHADE - FREEWELL GEAR

Whatever was happening is now solved and the shades are not as big as it appears in the picture, so that is an added bonus. Now I can actually lower the brightness and save some battery power.

Rob

I had the exact same issue with iPhone 8 Plus, 5 minutes on max brightness and iOS will start dimming the screen by half, another 5 minutes, down to about quarter of the max brightness making it very difficult to see even under the shade.

I found that DJI GO4 is very CPU intensive, it heats up the iPhone much faster than when flying with Litchi app.

I'm going to try this cooling fan attached to the back of iPhone, see if it helps. Still waiting for the arrival of the item.

HTB1w6aBXmFRMKJjy0Fhq6x.xpXaI.jpg

Smartphone Heat Dissipation System Cellphone Cooling Fan for DJI MAVIC SPARK Suitable for Iphone Android Smartphone-in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I had the exact same issue with iPhone 8 Plus, 5 minutes on max brightness and iOS will start dimming the screen by half, another 5 minutes, down to about quarter of the max brightness making it very difficult to see even under the shade.

I found that DJI GO4 is very CPU intensive, it heats up the iPhone much faster than when flying with Litchi app.

I'm going to try this cooling fan attached to the back of iPhone, see if it helps. Still waiting for the arrival of the item.

HTB1w6aBXmFRMKJjy0Fhq6x.xpXaI.jpg

Smartphone Heat Dissipation System Cellphone Cooling Fan for DJI MAVIC SPARK Suitable for Iphone Android Smartphone-in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Interesting. Let us know if it works please. It's pretty cheap

Sure, will report back once tested.

I do hope it works, otherwise will have to DIY one with larger fan with external power source.
The small fan will draw about 10% from the Mavic controller in an hour based on my calculation.

Reactions: MavicNoob79
My screen goes dim because the RC arms cover the light sensor up by the camera. I have to pull the arm away slightly to expose the sensor. Try that and see what happens (despite the auto-brightness setting).

That phone cooling rig seems intensive. The nice thing about the Air is you are changing batteries before the phone gets too hot. :oops:

I have tried every single solution listed above to no avail. Has anyone had any success with this dimming problem?

Interesting. Let us know if it works please. It's pretty cheap

I’ve tested the cooling fan. It works great, no dimming with max brightness in 27C ambient temperature with my DIY sunshade.

I attached the fan onto my iPhone 8+ with a thin skin case. I guess the heat dissipation would be even better if the heat sink is in direct contact with the iPhone without a case but that would risk scratching by the heat sink.

The 3D printed clip is a bit rough, either have to sand it smooth a little or print your own finer clip.

Reactions: MavicNoob79
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661