DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone display dims

phototom1

Reactions
My iPhone dimed to the point to where I had to land due to the fact I could not see the display . Ambient temp 98f phone very warm. I had the brightness on max on the phone and I think this may have been part of the problem. I am going to try again tomorrow with the brightness lowered to see if this makes a difference. However I would really like this to be as bright as possible. Any thoughts as to a different device that won’t overheat

Have you tried using a hood? Sometimes the old adage of "if you can't raise the bridge, lower the river" or in this case, instead of making the display brighter, make the area darker.
I was using my retired Galaxy S7, has no service so no calls, I removed most of the apps to make extra space & free up as much RAM as possible. I also used it in Airplane mode. Then I switched to a Galaxy Tab 2 with a 9.7" display, night & day! Now I'm setting up a 6th generation iPad to try out. I've never used Apple products before so it's a challenge, especially when I'm so used to using the back button. iPhone/iPads don't have but one button. Anyhow, the 9.7" display with a hood is feckin awesome. Not only is your camera view big, bright & clear but all your telemetry, controls & settings information are more visible. My suggestion, get a tablet or at least a mini & use your phone to play games & make calls. Just my $0.02.
My iPhone dimed to the point to where I had to land due to the fact I could not see the display . Ambient temp 98f phone very warm. I had the brightness on max on the phone and I think this may have been part of the problem. I am going to try again tomorrow with the brightness lowered to see if this makes a difference. However I would really like this to be as bright as possible. Any thoughts as to a different device that won’t overheat

Just curious which model iPhone are you using? Are you using it in a complete enclosure such as the LifeProof case?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky