DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: Ideas to view dim phone screen on a sunny day?

dronerat

Reactions
I’ve been using my drone to find sharks, fish, etc, and it requires discerning subtle differences in color in the water on sunny days. The problem is my phone screen is a little dim for this—and often overheats and gets even dimmer during my flights!

What can I do to view my phone screen better during these sunny day flights?

Many of the objects on the screen appear small, has anyone had success with an ipad as screen? (iPads are dimmer, and this has kept me from bothering)

The obvious answer is to find or make shade. But, can anyone suggest really effective methods at making shade for the phone screen?

To me the Tripltek is a little heavy BUT It's probably the best solution, unless you want to spend a lot more money. Plus the Triplteks are pretty much indestructible.

Did you ever take a look at sunschades for your screen.
Mine is from Freewell.
It is very effective preventing strong sunlight messing up your view on the screen.

Sure you should wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
I am talking about a hood to cover the screen of the controller and your phone screen from direct sunlight.
You can reach the controls through openings and even when you need to turn around the sun doesn't reach the screen.
Google for a sunshade or hood for drone controller screens.
They are not very expensive and sell from 15 € or S.

Sure you should wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
I am talking about a hood to cover the screen of the controller and your phone screen from direct sunlight.
You can reach the controls through openings and even when you need to turn around the sun doesn't reach the screen.
Google for a sunshade or hood for drone controller screens.
They are not very expensive and sell from 15 € or S.
Yep, but the facial reflection is what keeps you from seeing the screen.

Then do what the NFL players do....apply black face paint....looks cool and keeps mosquitoes away

I’ve been using my drone to find sharks, fish, etc, and it requires discerning subtle differences in color in the water on sunny days. The problem is my phone screen is a little dim for this—and often overheats and gets even dimmer during my flights!

Many of the objects on the screen appear small, has anyone had success with an ipad as screen? (iPads are dimmer, and this has kept me from bothering)

The obvious answer is to find or make shade. But, can anyone suggest really effective methods at making shade for the phone screen?
if you want full screen protection from the sun.. Hoodman is the best

I use an iPad 11 Pro with cellular and on sunny days use a quality sunscreen, never had a problem with dimming. Plus you don’t tie up your phone, obviously you don’t absolutely need the cellular, I just like the convenience of being able to download maps on site.

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Black T-Shirt and wide brimmed hat or umbrella painted black in the inside.

If you have a smart controller then look at the range of 2,200NIT Feelworld monitors (7 or 10 inch) and plug in via the HDMI port, one of these SUPER bright monitors for a larger screen plus SUPER Bright, in fact the brightest offering out there. You can have all the controls on the SC screen and choose that the monitor only shows you the camera view. Of course, you need to have a SC with a port for HDMI, otherwise, good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne