DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone keeps disconnecting

Pothole

Reactions
Guys, flew my MP for the first time today, I was using my iPhone X which would connect initially but then loose connection. If I closed the app and re opened it would sometimes reconnect. Has anyone else had this issue?

Try changing your cables. Some don’t work as well as others.
Thanks, I tried using my iPhone lead and plugging into the USB port at the bottom of the controller and that didn’t work. Definitly seems to be a cable issue.

Thanks, I tried using my iPhone lead and plugging into the USB port at the bottom of the controller and that didn’t work. Definitly seems to be a cable issue.
Did you completely remove the dji cable from the side when you tried the bottom port? Bottom port wont work with ANYTHING plugged into the side, even an unused cable.

I dont think ksmusa meant to tell you it was great that you are still having problems!!! She normally isn't that mean and hardcore....... :D

Did you completely remove the dji cable from the side when you tried the bottom port? Bottom port wont work with ANYTHING plugged into the side, even an unused cable.

I dont think ksmusa meant to tell you it was great that you are still having problems!!! She normally isn't that mean and hardcore....... :D

Ooops ! Sorry! I thought the problem was solved. [emoji28]

Thanks, I wasn’t aware you have to unplug the cable from the side of using the USB port

Went out again today and still the same issues with the supplied cable so removed it all together and used my phones charging/data lead and it worked fine

Reactions: ksmusa
used my phones charging/data lead and it worked fine

I have heard many, many times where the cable (regardless of port) was the problem. Especially if it starts to malfunction when no other changes have been made. There are many threads where it has been strongly suggested the OP use a good cable (OEM or a MFI certified cable). I don't know if other manufactures make MFI cables but an Amazon carries less expensive cables than OEM cables.

Reactions: ksmusa
Bottom port wont work with ANYTHING plugged into the side, even an unused cable.

Is this experience whilst using the Mavic Pro? I only ask because I always fly using the bottom USB port and very often connect a spent flight battery to the side port to charge the RC whilst out flying. Never had a disconnect issue in two years flying.

I've also had this problem a few weeks ago where the iphone would constantly disconnect at random. It was very worrisome. First i blamed the cable but then i took a can of compressed air and used it to clean out the the connection on the phone and it's been solid since. May have been a bit of fluff or dirt thats gathered whilst in my pocket. Worth a go.

Reactions: tictag
I switched to S9 and new update and disconnected every flight since. Tried all the stuff they said about mavics. Hit a blog online and they talked about corrupt micro sd card. Took it out and tied to format it on comp. It was toast. Put a new one in. Hasnt disconnected yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu