DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone X in mavic controller?

jak

Reactions
Anyone any ideas on how well iphone X is going to work with the mavic controller? I'm sure the fitment will be fine but those bezels are so slim now, I worry about the screen being covered by the controller clamps? Thoughts?

Reactions: REDAGITATOR
Last edited:
Reactions: tictag
Anyone any ideas on how well iphone X is going to work with the mavic controller? I'm sure the fitment will be fine but those bezels are so slim now, I worry about the screen being covered by the controller clamps? Thoughts?

I'm also interested in this. I'm sure someone will be creative enough to make it work without adding a bulky holder/bracket.

That's exactly what will happen. So I wouldn't recommend getting the X if you are concerned with that.

No, that is not exactly what will happen. It will work exactly the same way as the previous iPhone models. DJI has not even optimized their app to take advantage of the larger screen area so there are extra black bars on each side of the screen.

e5c47f68e24caf93a7c8ed4c543762bd.jpg

No, that is not exactly what will happen. It will work exactly the same way as the previous iPhone models. DJI has not even optimized their app to take advantage of the larger screen area so there are extra black bars on each side of the screen.

e5c47f68e24caf93a7c8ed4c543762bd.jpg
Ew.

Agree with skyninja that my iPhone X also fits fine. I suspect eventually dji will update their app for smaller black bars on the top and bottom and it’ll be a little better.

For me, with iOS 11.1, the screen is frozen with the camera image so that’s keeping me grounded. Re-installing dji go did not help

Attachments

• 193C4F1C-5818-4CE1-A760-D94D53C3252C.png
    193C4F1C-5818-4CE1-A760-D94D53C3252C.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 97
there is a picture 3 posts above yours showing it working with an iphone x.......
I noticed that too. Maybe that user (skyninja) had a previous version of SW that did work? I'm at the latest (DJIGO 4.1.16 (3014) and iOS 11.1) that is currently available.

I’m running the latest version of the go app, but my Mavic and controller our own firmware 700.

So that’s not at all what happens. The clamps do not cover the display or the facial recognition cameras. The problem however is that DJI has not optimized they’re app for iPhone X. Your stuck with a mini version shrunk down to 4.7”. When they fix this, it still will not cover the display. Just tested.

That's exactly what will happen. So I wouldn't recommend getting the X if you are concerned with that.

Just got the iPhone X and tried it on my Mavic Pro. As expected, it does not work. I was able to get it airborne, but it constantly crashes the app and almost the bird itself. Plus, the left clamp covers the bar used the slide up to open the phone and change from app to app. I'm thinking even when DJI updates their app to work with the X, it's still will not be compatible.

Reactions: SP
Just updated the app today, now mines all jacked up and I can’t fly.

75552b9a7520a0d573f9b6c47ff8c564.jpg

9f80a5f92f581bb9907c24aae01043cd.jpg
2c88e4cf94e00fd0fc997541ae006e79.jpg

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
Found this in another thread. Not my video:

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members