DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone X Mavic Pro.

atulbatra1

Reactions
Has anyone tried Mavic Pro with IPhone X. I got mine on Friday and haven’t tried yet. This comes with iOS 11 by default and I was having issues with iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 Plus.

Yes

cbcd7d76d40deb09bb7bd94116bf4518.jpg

I flew two batteries today with no issues

Last edited:
Has anyone tried Mavic Pro with IPhone X. I got mine on Friday and haven’t tried yet. This comes with iOS 11 by default and I was having issues with iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 Plus.

Tried it for the first time but won't work. When I connect the cable it would show charging for a second or two and then it is off again and the app won't connect. The RC is connected fine to the Mavic and it works normal.

Tried it for the first time but won't work. When I connect the cable it would show charging for a second or two and then it is off again and the app won't connect. The RC is connected fine to the Mavic and it works normal.
It claims to be compatible in the Apple Store...I suggest deleting the app and re-downloading it. According to the store it was updated on Nov 4th, so perhaps you don't have the current version?

Attachments

• appledji.jpg
    appledji.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Reactions: Bcrudgington
I had the latest version. Nevertheless, I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Does not connect still. On the iPad it connects immediately with the same cable.

Also firmwares are up-to-date.

Reactions: Lancelot92054
I had the latest version. Nevertheless, I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Does not connect still. On the iPad it connects immediately with the same cable.

Also firmwares are up-to-date.
I'm not surprised. DJI breaks the app regularly, and from what I'm reading iPhoneX is breaking many apps. Hopefully you'll see a fix soon. Being an early adopter is often painful.

Besides the iPhone X being really (!) cool, I did not have much troubles with any other app. Most are already updated anyways. It could also be a firmware issue with the RC. Is there any way to manually trigger a firmware update on the RC, if any available?

Reactions: drrjv
Besides the iPhone X being really (!) cool, I did not have much troubles with any other app. Most are already updated anyways. It could also be a firmware issue with the RC. Is there any way to manually trigger a firmware update on the RC, if any available?
If the Mavic worked fine prior to using the iPhone x with it, it's not likely to be a firmware issue. My advice is to just use your iPad until the DJI Go issues are solved. You are not the only person having the problem... it's all over the internet.

I'm having the same problem. DJI Go 4 shows disconnected when I try to use the iPhone X.Tried cable jiggling, etc. But the controller connects to the drone fine and the pics/videos I took worked, so problem seems to be between the controller and the iPhone X.

Yeah, seems to work for some people, and not at all for others. Disconnected the X and plugged in my kid's 7 and it worked perfectly.

er, why do you have so much black wasted space on your screen..? isnt the point of the iphone x to have more visible screen, you have less than I have with my 7+
Apps aren't designed for the larger screen dimensions, so with many non-native apps, those bars will be very apparent, especially in landscape mode.

er, why do you have so much black wasted space on your screen..? isnt the point of the iphone x to have more visible screen, you have less than I have with my 7+

DJI has not up date the app to optimize their app to take a vantage of the larger screen size.

Reactions: drrjv
Just updated the DJI GO app. Now everything is jacked up and I can’t fly.[emoji35]

5b42086cd94617b023261dab23b0a6c6.jpg

6f9b554491c48e16a603ed70dbf81e56.jpg
5f888f1d29eda067d886a639f056f435.jpg

Just updated the DJI GO app. Now everything is jacked up and I can’t fly.[emoji35]

5b42086cd94617b023261dab23b0a6c6.jpg

6f9b554491c48e16a603ed70dbf81e56.jpg
5f888f1d29eda067d886a639f056f435.jpg

I was someone who had everything always up to date till I bought the mavic.

Used to hate seeing the red circle on the corner of apps on iOS but now I have a few. Haven't updated to the latest iOS or the DJI Go app to avoid situations like yours.

Hope you sort yours soon.

If the Mavic worked fine prior to using the iPhone x with it, it's not likely to be a firmware issue. My advice is to just use your iPad until the DJI Go issues are solved. You are not the only person having the problem... it's all over the internet.
I have experienced the same issue as some who stated in previous posts. The Mavic has worked fine with iPhone 6+ from day one. Currently works fine with iPad. Haven't successfully flown the Mavic with the iPhone X yet. When connected, I see a frozen screen with some details, but no image from the camera. Like some of you, I am waiting for a "fix" in an update. In the meantime I will be watching this thread and flying with the iPad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada