DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPhone XS Max or XR for DJI fly

Can I use Iphone Xs Max or IPhone Xr for DJI Fly for mavic Mini
Both have A12 Bionic chips, so processing power should be adequate.. if the screen size of the models is different without looking, that can be a factor. either should work fine.

Reactions: AbajoTijesuni
I used my iPhone XR and it worked fine.

Chris

Yes. I currently have an XR and it works just fine on Mavic 2, Mini 1, Mini2. I don't have my Mini 3 hooked up to an RCN1, but suspect it will do just as well with it.

FYI, I have actually flown a Mini 1 successfully with an iPhone 5 and 6sPlus. The 6sPlus worked better but the XR has a better processor.

I have the iPhone XS Max, and run DJI Fly for my Mini SE and Air (1). However, I am paranoid about Apple updates breaking my FCC comms (I live in Europe) so I have kept iOS at 13.6.

I have the iPhone XS Max, and run DJI Fly for my Mini SE and Air (1). However, I am paranoid about Apple updates breaking my FCC comms (I live in Europe) so I have kept iOS at 13.6.
IOS updates should have no impact on that.. go ahead and update.. The only thing that does the communication is between the controller and the app.. to your drone.

I said:
> I have the iPhone XS Max, and run DJI Fly for my Mini SE and Air (1)

when I actually meant, "I have the iPhone XS Max, and run DJI Fly for my Mini SE and DJI GO 4 for the Air (1)" I should also have added that I use Litchi with the Air. (The version of Litchi I have does not work with the Mini SE, and neither would I want it to, since the Mini SE's range is so limited).

IOS updates should have no impact on that.. go ahead and update.. The only thing that does the communication is between the controller and the app.. to your drone.
This should be true, but DJI are very keen on UK users not using the FCC capabilities. I am currently using Fake GPS on a cheap Android device to set a "home" in Kansas for the drone. When the Mavic Air starts up, and realises that it is "not in Kansas anymore", it wants to change back to CE, and highlights the "OK" switch. It even implies that you have to change to fly. However, you don't; pressing Cancel leaves me in FCC mode and miles of sky. This procedure only just about works, and so that's why I'm paranoid about any change to my system...

@Macinfo is probably right; I'm just not going to test it!

This should be true, but DJI are very keen on UK users not using the FCC capabilities. I am currently using Fake GPS on a cheap Android device to set a "home" in Kansas for the drone. When the Mavic Air starts up, and realises that it is "not in Kansas anymore", it wants to change back to CE, and highlights the "OK" switch. It even implies that you have to change to fly. However, you don't; pressing Cancel leaves me in FCC mode and miles of sky. This procedure only just about works, and so that's why I'm paranoid about any change to my system...

@Macinfo is probably right; I'm just not going to test it!
Saying DJI is not keen on that really isn't accurate, that is the law or regulation for UK drone pilots not to fly in FCC mode, but CE mode. DJI just cannot say to heck with the rules that various countries setup for drones.

If you're using a hack, thats probably some sort of violation that if you were somehow caught, there maybe some sort penalties. That said, its your call..

Since I don't know where the hack resides, if your using it on a Droid device, not sure why when using an iPhone, that merely because you change the version of IOS, that its going to affect how your hack works if your either not using it on IOS, or you are, and you think that a newer version of IOS will break it... maybe it will, doubt it.. but your call.. eventually your going to have to update that iPhone if it breaks or dies, and any replacement will probably not have a version of IOS anywhere near 13..

Reactions: Facherty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee