DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

couragemedia

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum so be nice if I miss anything. ;)

Anyways, I have had a DJI Mavic Air 2S for a while now and want to venture into professional drone photography as this seems to be the most lucrative, at least where I live.

My funds are extremely low and I can afford a DJI Mini 4 Pro but I have been looking at the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and although it is much older, and has more restrictions in-place, it seems to be a better drone for photography and I can get it for much less, used than than a Mini 4 Pro.

Is a DJI Mavic 2 Pro a dodo? or is it worth buying it as it has a better lense, variable aperture and much stronger in winds?

Ignoring the restrictions and age. What do you think?

Any opinions would be helpful

Reactions: yankfanp and sarahb
The experience of the pilot/photographer is much more important than having the prefect drone. Your experience with still photography is the basis for drone photography, not the best drone.

I have 3 Mavic 2 drones, one Zoom and two Pros.
In my, and many others, opinion, the Mavic 2 is among the best drones DJI has ever made. The photo quality is excellent, also compared to modern drones like the Air 3s.
The Mavic 2 is a trouble-free, well-tested robust drone, and it just works with no hassle. The Go4 app is better than the crippled DJI Fly.
The only thing you need to think about is the availability of batteries. So far I have had no problems getting new batteries from DJI, but they will eventually stop making them. But they last a long time if you take proper care of them. I have batteries made in 2018, and they still work perfectly.

In my, and many others, opinion, the Mavic 2 is among the best drones DJI has ever made. The photo quality is excellent, also compared to modern drones like the Air 3s.
The Mavic 2 is a trouble-free, well-tested robust drone, and it just works with no hassle. The Go4 app is better than the crippled DJI Fly.
The only thing you need to think about is the availability of batteries. So far I have had no problems getting new batteries from DJI, but they will eventually stop making them. But they last a long time if you take proper care of them. I have batteries made in 2018, and they still work perfectly.
Thanks for the reply.

Thats really useful. I have seen Mavic 2 pro for £350 used, which currently $453.59. So your comments are steering me in that direction.

I agree with the above statements. A drone is viewed, in my opinion, as a flying camera. With that said, if you not an experienced photographer, I would at least study basic concepts or take a course in photography. I have been a photographer for over 30 years and flying drones professionally since 2015

Mavic 2 pro or mavic 2 zoom which would you go for?

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum so be nice if I miss anything. ;)

Anyways, I have had a DJI Mavic Air 2S for a while now and want to venture into professional drone photography as this seems to be the most lucrative, at least where I live.

My funds are extremely low and I can afford a DJI Mini 4 Pro but I have been looking at the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and although it is much older, and has more restrictions in-place, it seems to be a better drone for photography and I can get it for much less, used than than a Mini 4 Pro.

Is a DJI Mavic 2 Pro a dodo? or is it worth buying it as it has a better lense, variable aperture and much stronger in winds?

Ignoring the restrictions and age. What do you think?

Any opinions would be helpful
I have the Mavic 2 Pro. It's been a great drone for me. It flies well and the camera is really nice.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro. It's been a great drone for me. It flies well and the camera is really nice.
Thank you. I have never seen either in the real world just online reviews which are always conflicting. It is always useful to hear from people who actually have them. I like the idea of zoom, but the depth of field on the pro is supposed to be better so thats important.

I appreciate your comment. Cheers.

Mavic 2 pro or mavic 2 zoom which would you go for?
For pure photo quality, the Pro. It has a much larger sensor with 20 proper megapixels.
The zoom has, well, a zoom - the only consumer DJI drone with a zoom lens. Can be useful for many, but the image quality is better on the Pro. The Zoom has a "super resolution" mode, that uses the zoom to capture nine images and stitches them to one large hi-res photo in 24mm wideangle-format. A sort of panorama, but not the way we usually think about a panorama.

Reactions: couragemedia
Thank you. I have never seen either in the real world just online reviews which are always conflicting. It is always useful to hear from people who actually have them. I like the idea of zoom, but the depth of field on the pro is supposed to be better so thats important.

I appreciate your comment. Cheers.
The Mav 2 Pro has a genuine 20mp camera and for high quality stills it is extremely satisfying to see what gets spat out to microSD.

The Mav 2 Zoom has a genuine optical zoom lens, fair enough... only 2x... but the results when you use 'super resolution' Pano mode are jaw dropping... as is the quality of the resulting still.

More recent drones have both Mav 2's beaten when it comes down to the resolution and quality of video footage, but if you're looking for a flying DSLR: you will have found a soul-mate.

As said earlier, the control app (GO4) is what the FLY app would like to be when it grows up.

I still fly both the 2 Pro and the 2 Zoom regularly but use a mini 3 Pro to get into awkward little places or when I need to shoot indoors or up-close & personal for fine architectural detail.

Reactions: couragemedia
The Mav 2 Pro has a genuine 20mp camera and for high quality stills it is extremely satisfying to see what gets spat out to microSD.

The Mav 2 Zoom has a genuine optical zoom lens, fair enough... only 2x... but the results when you use 'super resolution' Pano mode are jaw dropping... as is the quality of the resulting still.

More recent drones have both Mav 2's beaten when it comes down to the resolution and quality of video footage, but if you're looking for a flying DSLR: you will have found a soul-mate.

As said earlier, the control app (GO4) is what the FLY app would like to be when it grows up.

I still fly both the 2 Pro and the 2 Zoom regularly but use a mini 3 Pro to get into awkward little places or when I need to shoot indoors or up-close & personal for fine architectural detail.
Again, thank you. As I want to concentrate on photos rather than video, now I am wondering if a mavic zoom might be the way to go…. arghhhh…. haha

maxresdefault-2687998856.jpg

For pure photo quality, the Pro. It has a much larger sensor with 20 proper megapixels.
The zoom has, well, a zoom - the only consumer DJI drone with a zoom lens. Can be useful for many, but the image quality is better on the Pro. The Zoom has a "super resolution" mode, that uses the zoom to capture nine images and stitches them to one large hi-res photo in 24mm wideangle-format. A sort of panorama, but not the way we usually think about a panorama.
thank you. I am intrigued about the panorama

thank you. I am intrigued about the panorama
Yes, a nice feature, but I think the 2 Pro is a better drone if photo quality is important for you.
You could do like me - buy a Pro first, and find a Zoom later for a good price, they are cheaper than the Pro.
The Pro and Zoom share batteries and remote control, they are in fact the same drone except the camera.

Yes, a nice feature, but I think the 2 Pro is a better drone if photo quality is important for you.
You could do like me - buy a Pro first, and find a Zoom later for a good price, they are cheaper than the Pro.
The Pro and Zoom share batteries and remote control, they are in fact the same drone except the camera.
thank you for clarification. I appreciate it.

Or buy a zoom camera and gimbal.
They are easy to swap. Takes about 6-7 minutes

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof