DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone flying with Samsung Note 8?

Macabre

Reactions
If so, is DJI Go crashing on your phone?

I always get app crashing the day after. I download it, install, fly, works fine. I finish flying, try to do the same the next day and the app constantly crashes at startup.
It's a really mysterious issue. It works fine the day I download and install, but tomorrow, it's dead.

The app however works fine on my Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4", but I kinda prefer flying with Note 8 because of its much, much brighter screen and lighter weight.

The Note is a great device to fly with. After you finish flying, do you turn off your Note? Do you use your Note exclusively for flying or is it multipurpose? I had a Note and I shut it off for a while before flying, and then started it up again.

Last edited:
Have you had success with any other Android devices on previous versions of DJI Go?
Note 4 worked fine. My samsung tab S doesnt. Its way worse then note 8.
I want to get rid of this 8 and buy a note 5 if app works better with that

Since you are using their newest device, Note 8, and it's not working for you, yes, stick with an older device and version. Do you still have your Note 4 to test?
I do but id rather use my current phone. Just curious if anyone had the same issue or if there was something im coming incorrectly.

Is anyone else flying with a Note 8? It's time to upgrade my S8+ and Im thinking of going back to a Note. I like the stylus for writing and miss it on my S8+.

Once a year, 6 months apart the S and Note come out. When one comes out its always better then what last came out.

If u like bigger buy Note. If you need something now buy current (S).

Reactions: Former Member
I've been using my note 8 since February when I bought it.

I have found that if I'm flying multiple batteries consecutively I need to shut down the controller and disconnect the phone from the controller. After doing that I connect everything back up again and start up the drone then controller and I'm golden.

Forgot to do the yesterday and the app quit while I was 1200 meters away and had to fly it back blind, not as much fun a you might think.

Reactions: Former Member
I've been using my note 8 since February when I bought it.

I have found that if I'm flying multiple batteries consecutively I need to shut down the controller and disconnect the phone from the controller. After doing that I connect everything back up again and start up the drone then controller and I'm golden.

Forgot to do the yesterday and the app quit while I was 1200 meters away and had to fly it back blind, not as much fun a you might think.

I appreciate the advice. Yes these devices seem to need a break after a while, but that's not much of a sacrifice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54