DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone getting LAANC Approvals sent via text?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Last few days In areas in the past I got a quick message back I just am not getting a message at all ever. Wondering if something is going on with my account in general.

In Houston Texas with IAH near by if it helps.

Thanks in advance...

Using Airmap

Last edited:
Which LAANC provider?

Which LAANC provider?

Mine's been through AirMap, and it's only happened twice now. I'll submit a flight plan, it says it's been submitted, and then there's no response. So after 5-10 minutes, I resubmit exactly the same flight plan, and immediately get notified that it's been accepted/approved.

AirMap, lack of UAS Community support aside, is also known for its non-cooperative platform. Lots of UI issues and ghost TFRs are its major issues.

KittyHawk is a better option. Even better would be to use SkyWard before you leave for the flight. But, it is computer only. No app for the free account. If you're open to a paid app account, look seriously at UASidekick. It's only $5/month I believe.

I use Kitty Hawk and have never had to do a second request or had a problem. Text from FAA is usually quick.

I installed kitty hawk and it looks like it isn't supporting android 10 :(

App works but tells me one of the features doesnt work with Android 10 and when i do a + add i dont see the option to do a LANNC request like some of the tutorials say..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200628-164644_Kittyhawk.jpg
    Screenshot_20200628-164644_Kittyhawk.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200628-164639_Kittyhawk.jpg
    Screenshot_20200628-164639_Kittyhawk.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 9
I installed kitty hawk and it looks like it isn't supporting android 10 :(

App works but tells me one of the features doesnt work with Android 10 and when i do a + add i dont see the option to do a LANNC request like some of the tutorials say..

That's only for the feature that lets you actually fly your drone with Kittyhawk. LAANC via Kittyhawk should still work fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent