DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Australia Realizing the Drone Dream?

Tag this post to revisit in 2030 when we are still talking about "drone delivers" and talking about trials in a closed environment, and pretending like drone delivery will ever become an actual thing for everybody. 😂

One of those ideas that works better in the "Breech rather than the Observance." It is right there with Flying Cars. Another fairly stupid idea. First off a majority of homes have far too many obstacles, trees, telephone poles, topographic features to make it practicable (My entire neighborhood, it is a forest). Then, after one drone has a technical fault and comes crashing into anything, the restrictions creep in. Many places lie under restricted airspace or under the area of other class airspace that preclude operations. Then weather, wait weather, that will never impede the drones.

Like flying cars. The con artists never point out the big flaw: How do you get on and off the airport in your car? You need a TSA issued NFC card to open the gates. Every airport has a different card! Every airport has different rules. At my home field, for example, you have to take a written test to drive on it. The majority of airports are un-manned. You see how the utility starts to decline rapidly. At the moment, only Nevada lets you land on state highways, but not in urban areas. I fly helicopters as well. You cannot just plop down anywhere you like, only in movies or EMS. For EMS, you need somebody on the ground to keep people away.

Reactions: The Droning Company
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2