DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DDS for real? Seem like crooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobeno56

Reactions
Ned help - DDS is not responsive. Emailed them back/forth to send my Mini SE back, no reply. Can't reach anyone by phone, now contacting local PD here

Reactions: Droniac
Unusual for sure. Think you’ll get there attention now, hopefully. Stay in touch.

Reactions: Droniac
Not noticing the thread as yet, might be busy hey ?
Customer service (lack of) is about the only thing you see here from time to time with DDS.
Suppose if they are owner / operators hands on things might suffer there sometimes.
Shouldn’t of course, but they’ll either have times of brilliance or the occasional hiccup most likely.
Hopefully they’ll see this and get in touch soon.

Just tag em here, @DDS
they’re forum sponsors and here quite a bit.
Thanks. I have instructed them for over a month to return my drone. They keep sending a boilerplate email "your drone is one OK from us fixing it". The reply mentions Fedex tracking but doesn't give a tracking number. I finally got a guy named Peter to call me. First he said he would reduce the price by $ 100. When I said no, he promised to repair the mini SE at no cost. A couple of weeks later and nothing has happened. He earlier made excuses about fixing the wrong drone, and I would get mine back ASAP. Then he recently said it's in the warehouse and would be going out soon. Crickets......

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Thanks. I have instructed them for over a month to return my drone. They keep sending a boilerplate email "your drone is one OK from us fixing it". The reply mentions Fedex tracking but doesn't give a tracking number. I finally got a guy named Peter to call me. First he said he would reduce the price by $ 100. When I said no, he promised to repair the mini SE at no cost. A couple of weeks later and nothing has happened. He earlier made excuses about fixing the wrong drone, and I would get mine back ASAP. Then he recently said it's in the warehouse and would be going out soon. Crickets......
Yea after reading through this I would NEVER use those amateur HACKS. DDS seems quite pathetic and board line criminal.

I'll be remembering this "business." seems like since they are/used to be quite active around they would respond.

Their silence speaks volumes.

• Wow
Reactions: Ex Coelis
I have used @DDS exclusively now for several years. We use them for our personal, business, and Emergency Services aircraft repairs. I have had nothing but EXCEPTIONAL work and Customer Service from them over the years and I would gladly ship any of my fleet to them with ZERO hesitation.

With this new "Covid" workforce etc we have new hurdles and sometimes what seems is a simple matter can blow up and that mole hill now a mountain.

I've contacted Steve (DDS owner) personally and asked him to look into this thread and offer some additional input.

Yea after reading through this I would NEVER use those amateur HACKS. DDS seems quite pathetic and boarderline criminal.

I'll be remembering this "business." seems like since they are/used to be quite active around they would respond.

Their silence speaks volumes.

So you'd take one thread and demonize a company? I sure hope you never run your own business and have some type of "hiccup" and get bashed online for it. We all make mistakes . . . .

So you'd take one thread and demonize a company? I sure hope you never run your own business and have some type of "hiccup" and get bashed online for it. We all make mistakes . . . .
Doesn't seem like much effort to respond. And, YES, your "mistake" is an entire missing drone that is NOT getting returned. I'd say I'm good with "demonizing" these people. You call it a "hiccup." Lol🤣.

I like how suddenly I'M THE GUY that's doing something wrong. Lol🤣

I'm sure if it was your drone that they refuse to return or even respond to you wouldn't be so understandable about it after multiple attempts to rectify the issue.

Wake up. I'm entitled to never give this company any business of mine and to tell you why.

Just saw this. DDS has always came through for me and like BigA107 have always had excellent service. I’m sure this will be rectified .
and i we’re you I would wake up OJsakilla before I addressed a Admin like that. 😉

Added..no need in deleting your post OJ. You made it stand by it. 👍

Last edited:
Point taken. It's a shame you, personally, have to get in contact with someone make them do what's right.

No harm. I respect this forum and it's folks that run it here. I'll back out of this thread since it's really none of my business.

Ned help - DDS is not responsive. Emailed them back/forth to send my Mini SE back, no reply. Can't reach anyone by phone, now contacting local PD here

whats your ticket #?

Last edited by a moderator:
whats your ticket #?
At the beginning of the thread I had said Ive never heard anything other than good about them. I would think a little investigation would be more revealing on his part. DDS is mentioned Numerous times in past posts and customers being more than appreciative.(I think he might have felt more secure seeing that.) Not to mention since one of the admins.Big Al once mentioned he sent things to be repaired by you, I had made notation of it as well. You’ve been endorsed by many on our forum. I’m glad I’ve never had to use you lol, but I wouldn’t hesitate to send my equipment to you for repair. With two admins of THE forum vouching for you and others has always worked for me. Godspeed guys, Droniac

They are a big Company and DDS might not even known about this issue. But in the past when there were issues he took care of it.
As I’m sure he will this. I personally would never use anyone else. 👍
Never would I use any of our past venders. was burned 2 times
by them but never again. Some recommend him and I did once
but never again and lots know who I’m talking about.

@bobeno56 any updates? @DDS has now replied 2 days ago and we would all like an update on this situation.

@bobeno56 any updates? @DDS has now replied 2 days ago and we would all like an update on this situation.
Don’t think he’s going to reply. Was last on Oct.25 and I know he
saw DDS’s post. Looks like he jumped ship 🤷‍♂️
If I see @bobeno56 logs on again and doesn’t reply I will take action then on this. You don’t start something and not finish it.
@DDS did he ever get back to you on this ?

Reactions: Starz and BigAl07
Don’t think he’s going to reply. Was last on Oct.25 and I know he
saw DDS’s post. Looks like he jumped ship 🤷‍♂️
If I see @bobeno56 logs on again and doesn’t reply I will take action then on this. You don’t start something and not finish it.
@DDS did he ever get back to you on this ?
All sorted here fellow mavicpilots.
We were a backordered on the Mavic Mini SE gimbal. As much as we try to avoid that we are ultimately at the mercy of the manufacturer for parts.

All sorted here fellow mavicpilots.
We were a backordered on the Mavic Mini SE gimbal. As much as we try to avoid that we are ultimately at the mercy of the manufacturer for parts.

Thank you for coming back and updating the thread.

For those following, @DDS jumped on this as soon as he was notified of the problem and jumped through SEVERAL hoops to try and help a customer who wasn't easy to please.

At the end of the day we are all hostage to "Supply Chain Issues" and other "post Covid" issues which affect every aspect of our day to day lives and even more so in regards to retail.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin