DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI Care worth it?

My MA2 is my first drone. I went for the combo pack & the care package. From all the advice I read its not if I’ll crash, but when. Even the most experienced pilots with years of flying crash for a myriad of reasons. It’s a “nice to have” support. I plan to let it slide eventually as confidence & experience grows.

How many of you got the DJI Care package?
I have had an Air 2 for about a month and it is so stable and responsive that the DJI Care cost would be better spent on rotor protectors and a car charger! This drone is seriously good! (And yes, I have the protectors and 12v charger ...... ?) Cheers ?

My first drone ever ended up being the Mavic 2 Pro. Suffice it to say, the idea of having that kinda money floating in the air and zero flight experience made it an easy choice to cough up for the DJI Care option for the first year.

After a year of owning/flying I was more than able to raise my confidence level in both my own use of the technology, and trust that the drone isn't some poorly engineered POS that's gonna drop out of the sky every other flight. For those reasons, I did NOT feel there was a need to extend it after expiration.

That newbie-level is really the only time I see DJI Care being worth it. Even if I used it professionally, well, I'd have a 2nd one for backup and my own insurance through whatever my business is. For recreational/hobbyist use like mine, the cost isn't really worth it long term now, especially when new models aren't too far down the road which I'd likely be upgrading to anyway. Being a piece of comsumer electronics, it's not like they hold their value worth a **** for resale anyway.

Reactions: drrags
How many of you got the DJI Care package?
I had Care coverage in the past but never qualified to use it. With my new drone I instead added coverage to my Progressive homeowners policy. No need to have the drone in order to file a claim

I have had it - and needed to claim. Replacement Mavic 2 Zoom issued by DJI after mine managed to smash into a pole it didn't see. Wouldn't be without it.

Definitely - I have a Mavic Air 2. The DJI refresh is around £79, and this allows me to return the drone if crashed, and get a brand new replacement for £69 (instead of paying another £949).
The only issue with the insurance is if the drone crashed and unable to recover it. DJI will not replace the drone even the log is showing it crashed in a body of water because the requirement is to present the drone physically

I have it for my mini. Haven't crashed, yet.

If you can get a "personal article" policy from State Farm or Geico, it costs $65-70 per year with ZERO deductible, meaning you don't pay any cash out of pocket if you have to use it. It also covers many scenarios DJI referesh does not cover...including unrecoverable water landings, flyaways, loss, theft, etc.
I tried to get State Farm to give me a policy, but since I don’t have my home insurance through them, they will not do it. Maybe I’ll try Geico.

Definitley worth it. When you compare the price of repair or replacement of a drone compared to the cost of the Care warranty its a no brainer.

I don't have it, neither for MM nor MA2 I currently own. My usage pattern is an unusual one, though -- second thing I do with most of my things after making sure they are not factory-defective is disassemble and tweak the heck out of them.

When I had an Inspire2 and used it for professional work I did have it on DJI care program (and restrained myself from tweaking the drone). I had to make use of this program more than once, although it always was a rather unpleasant experience.

It’s like any insurance really. Peace of mind and not overly expensive. I don’t get it these days, but wish it was available back in the day

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc