DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI Care worth it?

I tried to get State Farm to give me a policy, but since I don’t have my home insurance through them, they will not do it. Maybe I’ll try Geico.
Then I would go see another agent. I don’t have any other insurance whatsoever through State Farm, and never have. They were more than willing to take my 60 bucks. Full coverage, especially for theft or loss.

I had a Mavic Air 1 that I had care refresh on. One day it dropped the signal and I never saw it again. Unfortunately that was not covered under care refresh since I never found it, but they did offer me a refurb one at 30% off. Since the Mavic Air 2 was about to come out, I declined, waited a week, and then bought the Mavic Air 2. But I thought that was a fair offer from DJI. I should have updated the home point.

When I got my Air 2, first thing I bought was the State Farm policy. Next thing I bought was the care refresh. After losing my first one, I had to make sure all my bases are covered. And good thing, too. I was flying just the other day and flew into some fishing line stuck in a tree, it wrapped around one of the motors, and it fell about 15 feet. Instant code 30085...esc error contact DJI for repairs. I don’t care how experienced you are, even with 20/20 vision, you couldn’t have seen that fishing line. So since I recovered the drone, I sent it in a week ago for my first care refresh allotment. I took the express route, so we’ll see. They should have received it today.

There’s no feeling like the sinking, disgusted feeling of seeing over a thousand dollars fly off into the sunset...knowing that you’re unlikely to see it again. I was nearly 2 miles from the home point which was upstream in the middle of a river...because I do dumb $h!# sometimes.

Do yourself a favor and get the care refresh, or an insurance policy, or both like I did. Your future self will thank you for it.

Reactions: waltermitty
I didn't get the coverage.
My thinking is this, if i lose my drone, I can't collect anyway.
And I'm more likely to lose it, than crash in my yard where i can recover it.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I am a new flyer and I bought the care package. Recently, I flew my Air2 into a tree, rookie mistake. It fell and broke an arm off. After seeing that a new arm costs about $25 (and 3 week wait to ship from China) and would require about an hour of work to replace (figured about $100+), I decided to use my care insurance. I contacted DJI on a Wednesday, paid $69 for replacement and they emailed me a post paid UPS label. I mailed it on Thursday. It took a week to get to CA from FL. I guess the truck broke down? On the following Friday, I got an email that my A2 had been logged in and was given a case number. I checked my case number yesterday, Monday, to see what the status was. According to the website, my replacement should go out today. We'll see how long it takes to get here and if I get new one or a refurb.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
How many of you got the DJI Care package?
Yep, had it for my previous Mavic Air & now for my Mavic Air 2. Had to use it within 2 weeks of getting my MA! It was replaced by a brand new drone. I’ve learnt a lot in the 2 years I flew the MA, but no way would I not have DJI Care

so from what i am reading DJI care package is worth having right?

I tried to get State Farm to give me a policy, but since I don’t have my home insurance through them, they will not do it. Maybe I’ll try Geico.
Try a different agent. I was able to get a policy for my M2 pro ($60) without having any other policy with SF.

Try a different agent. I was able to get a policy for my M2 pro ($60) without having any other policy with SF.
Thanks for that information. As a result, our local office called the regional office and they DO offer it as a Personal Property policy. The following is part of the email they sent me...

If the drone weighs 55 pounds or more it is ineligible.
If the drone is used in business it is ineligible.

If you would like to pursue writing a policy I will need the following:

Copies of actual purchase documents for the drone.
Brand and Model of the drone and its related components.
A list of the related items on drone with details and values. Example: Camera
Current Homeowner insurance company
Any claims in the last 3 years?
The minimum premium for the policy is $45.00 a year.
$0 deductible
No liability.

I hope this helps. I listed the value as $988.

Last edited:
Absolutely, I temporarily lost my Mavic Air in Scotland overnight, found it next morning once I’d got a Wi-fi signal to download the maps etc. Anyhow, after, it was a bit sluggish and the gimbal didn’t seem to be as smooth. Contacted DJI and after a few Q’s sent it back for a care refresh repair. I got back a brand new Mavic Air with props and an additional travel case as it was in the box. So for the initial cost of £79, it probably cost me £39 when you took off the new props and case. So Yes, definitely worth it.

Reactions: eva2000
New to this. Is ‘DJI Care’ a one time purchase for new drones, or can you continue coverage each year? And what about stoppi and restarting? Can that be done? What is a ‘DJI Refresh’?

Thanks ..

New to this. Is ‘DJI Care’ a one time purchase for new drones, or can you continue coverage each year? And what about stoppi and restarting? Can that be done? What is a ‘DJI Refresh’?

Thanks ..
Stopping and restarting will probably be impossible or, at the very least, a real pain. Sorry I can’t answer all your questions but I do know that it’s extremely complicated after the first 48 hours. I finally gave up.

Reactions: sunbinder

I got it for both my Mini and my Air 2.

Yes, that makes sense. Do you still use your Mini as much now that you have the Air?

I got both the mini and Air 2 around the same time, so yes (lol) I still use my mini. I tend to switch back and forth, and I like them both for different reasons. I often will use my mini for anything "dangerous" (e.g. practicing maneuvers, tree laden areas, etc.) so if I goof up and mess it up, at least it wasn't my Air 2. Basically the mini is my practice device, and is great for grab and go. Not that the Air 2 is exactly bulky or anything. :)

Thanks ..

Here you go ... From their Store FAQ: "If your DJI Care Refresh has not yet expired, and there is at least one product replacement left, then you can purchase DJI Care Refresh +, which extends your replacement service for one more year as well as prolonging your product’s warranty period. "

Don't think you can "pause" it. And "Refresh" is just what they call it. it is "DJI Care Refresh" and "DJI Care Refresh Plus"

Reactions: sunbinder

Yes for sure. I have it on both my M2Pro and M2Zoom. Had to use it last December on my M2P. Make sure you can recover your sUAS and send back. They replaced it in about 6 day turnaround with a brand new one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt