DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Dji Mavic 2 Pro OEM camera worth it ?

And I don't think swapping in and out is a good idea. You could wear out the joints and screws. Then you have 3 pieces of expensive paper weight. 2 cameras and a headless drone. :p

To answer that question, take your drone out somewhere and sit it down on a nice solid surface and take some pics. I don’t mean fly it, but use it to capture some golden hour goodies. What I love is the M2p’s ability to control the camera as you would a DSLR.ECEA4C78-71CD-4855-A9F5-94C9588CC6AD.jpegECEA4C78-71CD-4855-A9F5-94C9588CC6AD.jpeg

Not to mention swapping out the gimbal yourself could cause a denial of an otherwise warranty case.

And I don't think swapping in and out is a good idea. You could wear out the joints and screws. Then you have 3 pieces of expensive paper weight. 2 cameras and a headless drone. :p
Considering DJI is suppose to be offering this as a service, unsure how true this actually is.

Reactions: HVYMTL
But you won’t be sending it to DJI to swap cameras every other week. I think OP was thinking of doing it on a regular basis.
No my point is DJI offering a commercial service to do this, the contact points on the gimbal assembly can be engineered to allow greater endurance.

Eight months ago I bought a Mavic Zoom, I used it and took advantage of all its capabilities and then, 1 week ago bought the Hasselblad camera on its gimbal. Easily and with the necessary caution make the swap (it takes only 5 minutes), and now I find that I own a wonderful machine with the ability to adapt it to the circumstances I want or need. Conclusion : It was an excellent investment in of 540 bucks.

My local drone shop does this for people all the time - it's a few screws and a cable, anyone can do it. Personally I wouldn't buy an entire new drone if I wanted both the Pro and Zoom. If you have the pro already though you already have *almost* the same focal length equivalents as the zoom in the form of FOV and HQ modes, so there is very little to gain, and a lot to lose. If you have the Zoom I think it would be much more reasonable to buy the Pro gimbal.

I went the other way and picked up a Zoom gimbal for my Pro. I started a thread on this topic a month ago here with links to gimbal swap videos.

M2P to M2Z gimbal swap

I went the other way and picked up a Zoom gimbal for my Pro. I started a thread on this topic a month ago here with links to gimbal swap videos.

M2P to M2Z gimbal swap

I think it's more cost effective to get the pro and buy the zoom camera as it's not as in demand as the pro is.

DJI charge $250 price difference for the pro whereas on the open market you're subject to the laws of supply and demand (many zoom owners with buyers remorse).

My only concern is where these modules were sourced from and are they new or manufacturing defects (e.g out of focus on one side etc) being sold cheap.

Would be nice if DJI sold the part. BTW what ever happen to the gimbal swap service? Doesn't look like it's come to fruition?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne