DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI's Waypoints the same as Skydio's KeyFrame?

ChicagoOutfit

Reactions
Hello,

It's been a couple of years since I used my DJI Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. I never got around to using Waypoints, and have just read an interesting post on DroneDJ about KeyFrame.

I don't recall that Waypoints kept in mind the path, elevation, and camera orientation... but maybe it did. Can anyone let me know if KeyFrame is just catching up to Waypoints? Or, is KeyFrame more advanced than Waypoints? Or, are Waypoints no longer even available (as I read in a related post)?

Capabilities like that of KeyFrame really make me want to get back out there and use my M2P.

Thanks!

Hello,

It's been a couple of years since I used my DJI Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. I never got around to using Waypoints, and have just read an interesting post on DroneDJ about KeyFrame.

I don't recall that Waypoints kept in mind the path, elevation, and camera orientation... but maybe it did. Can anyone let me know if KeyFrame is just catching up to Waypoints? Or, is KeyFrame more advanced than Waypoints? Or, are Waypoints no longer even available (as I read in a related post)?

Capabilities like that of KeyFrame really make me want to get back out there and use my M2P.

Thanks!
If you really want to use Waypoints with the M2P then you will probably want to buy the Litchi control app. Litchi will allow you to do all the things listed above using a preplanned mission that you can set up on your computer. The Waypoints built into DJI GO4, like the new KeyFrames skill in the Skydio app require you to fly the route first and add points along the way to set up the shot.... then the drone will fly the route plotted by hitting a button.

The new KeyFrames skill in the Skydio app is a much more advanced version of the Waypoints mode in the GO4 app. It allows you to record up to 100 points, setting the camera angle and height for every spot..... but you still have to fly the route to set it up and it can only save one path at a time. Keyframes is also very buggy, relying on the vision and obstacle avoidance sensors of the Skydio to follow its path. I have noticed the path taken can drift on repeat flights up to 75ft.... putting my Skydio into the trees where only the avoidance tech onboard have saved it from crashing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu