DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everything FAA rules ok ??

Roy Rogers

Reactions
Complete flights 1-4

I got some new goggles and i'm posting this hoping everything is ok by all the rules

a lot of the people om here seem to know the rules inside and out so if you don't mind look this over front and back and tell me if my flight behaver is good or not

i cant comment on the rules in the US but i will tell you what you should have been doing if you were in the UK
(1)you would have had to have an observer in hearing distance of you while you were flying with the goggles on (did you)
(2)did you observe the 150ft distance above and away from dwellings or people during your flight
(3)flying over the roads and train tracks could have had repercussions if you had crashed onto them
(4)and lastly when you came back to home you should have landed away from the house, say in the drive because if things had gone wrong, then there were young children and others who could have been injured, the blades on the drone love to cut through flesh given a chance

i cant comment on the rules in the US but i will tell you what you should have been doing if you were in the UK
(1)you would have had to have an observer in hearing distance of you while you were flying with the goggles on (did you)
(2)did you observe the 150ft distance above and away from dwellings or people during your flight
(3)flying over the roads and train tracks could have had repercussions if you had crashed onto them
(4)and lastly when you came back to home you should have landed away from the house, say in the drive because if things had gone wrong, then there were young children and others who could have been injured, the blades on the drone love to cut through flesh given a chance
God love ya you watched it all … mostly
Thank you very much

Reactions: old man mavic
i did miss some of it i admit ,but it was fun to give a critique, its night time here so i am having fun on the forum keep up the good work

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Sorry, I didn't watch any of it, but Old Man Mavic's comment that in the UK you need a visual observer if using goggles absolutely applies in the U.S. The drone must be in your visual line of sight at all times, without using any visual aides except normal prescription glasses (if you don't have an observer).

Reactions: Thomas B
Learn the rules before you fly. You too should know the rules "inside and out" before you take off. Yes, without an observer you broke the rules. When you break the rules you take the chance of contributing to the possibility of us having more rules and restrictions.
I also fly with goggles, but NEVER without an observer. There is no possible way, that I know of, to fly wearing the goggles and have VLOS.
Please be considerate of all of us who fly drones and follow the rules.

Didn't watch entire video!
FPVs are nice, still need VLOS on drone.
Be careful around kids, they'll do a 180 without notice!
Unless I am mistaken, trains are considered moving vehicles.

Practice your stick movements a little more in the yard. Turns were just a little stiff (jerky).
You'll do much better, I know you will.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54