DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is It Just Me, or.....

GregS

Reactions
Was wondering if anyone else is like this? I have a P4P v1 and a Mavic Pro v1. Love the P4P, but....it is so easy to strap that Mavic on my back, jump on my bike, and go fly. Can't do that with the P4P. It's in the original hard foam box and just too awkward to take on my bike. (car is okay)
Also, since we now must have RID, it isn't hard, but a pain to delete/add info of one drone to another. I might know one reason...I'm 79. Maybe that's it.:p

Reactions: DroneTats
The P4v1 is not RID compliant. You will need to purchase a separate module and attach it to the drone.

Was wondering if anyone else is like this? I have a P4P v1 and a Mavic Pro v1. Love the P4P, but....it is so easy to strap that Mavic on my back, jump on my bike, and go fly. Can't do that with the P4P. It's in the original hard foam box and just too awkward to take on my bike. (car is okay)
Also, since we now must have RID, it isn't hard, but a pain to delete/add info of one drone to another. I might know one reason...I'm 79. Maybe that's it.:p
I purchased a backpack designed for the foam box to go into, I carry it around on my motorcycle and I am 83, cheers Len

The P4v1 is not RID compliant. You will need to purchase a separate module and attach it to the drone.
I know that. I was referring to changing the RID unit from one drone to another and changing drone info.

Reactions: Torque
I know that. I was referring to changing the RID unit from one drone to another and changing drone info.
You only do that is you are flying under Part 107. If you're flying under 44809, just move it from drone to drone.

You only do that is you are flying under Part 107. If you're flying under 44809, just move it from drone to drone.
My understanding is the S/N must be displayed for each drone flying. So I must delete one and add the other. If not, it will show the wrong drone flying.

My understanding is the S/N must be displayed for each drone flying. So I must delete one and add the other. If not, it will show the wrong drone flying.
The "registration number" must be on each recreational drone. And if you're using the registration number of an RID module, that is the number you put on those drones under recreational registration. Then you can just move it from drone to drone as necessary. That's only if you use one RID module for all your drones.

Last edited:
That sure is different than what I read. Holy Stone book says to change info. They did not specify if I was 107 or Rec....good to know! Thanks Vic!

Hi GregS. Checkout drone backpacks on Amazon. They have a pretty good selection. Hope you find one that’s suitable. I’ve got one for my P3s and it works great.

Hi GregS. Checkout drone backpacks on Amazon. They have a pretty good selection. Hope you find one that’s suitable. I’ve got one for my P3s and it works great.
Thanks Fun Flyer. I did go there and then I took my P4P out to my Motorcycle and was able to strap it on very nicely. Love it when I can save some money!

Reactions: Fun Flyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigben123