DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to flight from the inside (at home)?

elios127

Reactions
Hello everybody,
Do you have any idea if it's actually existing something like a bridge (that for example I can install on the roof at home) that simply acts as a range extender for the Mavic 2? something similar of what exists for a regular wifi connection?

thanks

Andrea

Aside from the legal issues, the antenna's of the DJI Controllers are effectively coming directly off the circuit board in the controller. You would have to modify those connections to interface a pair of decent low-loss RF grade cables to wherever you mount your 'external' antenna's. The losses [signal attenuation] in the connectors and cable you need to do this, would mean that you are going to lose a lot of transmission power which would affect the range anyway. Flying without being able to 'eyeball' the airspace your drone is in - is a recipe for disaster. So I'd recommend that you don't pursue this as a project!

Hello everybody,
Do you have any idea if it's actually existing something like a bridge (that for example I can install on the roof at home) that simply acts as a range extender for the Mavic 2? something similar of what exists for a regular wifi connection?

thanks

Andrea
In response to the title of your thread (which is entirely different than your actual post), the answer is yes.

In response to the title of your thread (which is entirely different than your actual post), the answer is yes.
Yes you are right, I'm sorry about the title, was an extreme example let's say to make it clear.
I'm a professional pilot and I'm very sensible to safety and if possible I would never experience a drone strike, and in that case I hope not to be the guy flying the drone...I prefer to be the one flying the aircraft!
That said I think I will never pursue the project anyway but I'm still interested about the technical issue of doing that... so if you want to explain how it would be possible I'm here to listen! thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotszamana