DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to use an Ipad or mini-Ipad with the Mavic mini?

An update... I updated my IOS to the latest version 13.3 and now the display works perfectly. This is an iPad mini 4. Works like a charm with the Mavic Mini and the Fly app.

Reactions: Thomas B
An update... I updated my IOS to the latest version 13.3 and now the display works perfectly. This is an iPad mini 4. Works like a charm with the Mavic Mini and the Fly app.

Here is the reply that I got from DJI:

Yes, it shows it is compatible, however, it clearly stated that the firmware is not yet optimized and you will be experiencing some issues. In that being said, the iPad you are using will not work with the Mavic Mini that's why we strongly suggest using a compatible mobile device.

Kindly stay tuned on the website or follow our social media for the announcements soon.

It sounds like they may not support the iPad Mini even when they get the firmware optimized.

To determine what iPad mini you have check the model listed in settings>general>about

Apple introduced iPadOS with v13 and for iPad mini , only 4 and above are supported by iPadOS. Also DJI Fly app only supports models that have 64 bit processors. It seems likely that DJI might limit their iPad testing to only models that support iPadOS (all are 64 bit)

Check the apple website for iPad models that can run iPadOS.

Following shorttimer's lead I updated my iPad Mini last night. DJI Fly works better now.

iBooks isn't as good, sadly — the new version displays far fewer books per screen than the old one (and I can't find a way to change that) — also crashes a lot more. (Shouldn't be a memory issue, as I have nearly 40 GB free.)

So good for flying, worse for waiting for the weather to clear :-/

I'm currently using an iphone 7 for my screen, but the actual screen is quite small. Is it possible to get the controller to work with a larger screen, since my vision isn't as good as it used to be....lol. Something that would be reasonable off of Amazon?

Thanks for any help.....

iPad mini 2 supposed to work [emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS