DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it really that hard to deliver mail?

Looks like it was a windy day! OOOOPS!

I can't believe that the Russian government paid $20,000 dollars for this drone. If it was a DJI matrice 200 which cost around $5,000... They will have better control, weather proof, better telemetry, app controlled, etc. The matrice 200 can be customized to carry the mail as well.

would it be the same bashing if this was a drone that crashed in Britain, Germany or France? Can't handle cars according to dashcam videos? There are plenty of dashcam video from all around the world, including the U.S. showing stupid drivers. Don't forget who was first in space.

would it be the same bashing if this was a drone that crashed in Britain, Germany or France? Can't handle cars according to dashcam videos? There are plenty of dashcam video from all around the world, including the U.S. showing stupid drivers. Don't forget who was first in space.
I hear what you're saying...STUPIDITY IS UNIVERSAL

when a drone crashes, it's not necessarily due to stupidity. Mavics and other Chinese and American-made drones crash all of the time. We don't go calling these drone manufacturers or the pilots on here stupid.

I'm only referring to Mr.Salty's post. Mr. Iowa here claims the Russians can't handle cars. They sure could handle a spacecraft back in 1961 to send a man to and back form outer space. Mr. Iowa watched a few popular youtube dashcam videos of people doing stupid things on the road in Russia, and now he's sitting on his high horse in his Iowa farm and saying, quote" Have you seen their dashcam videos on YouTube? They can’t even handle cars yet. Adding a third dimension into the mix is just asking for trouble."

I'm Russian-American and how do you think I feel about that? Mr.Iowa here doesn't give a flying mavic about that and doesn't think before he says something. Mr. Iowa is a big strong man and if he were sitting across from me at the table and knew I am Russian, he wouldn't have said it any other way. Because he lives in Iowa, and no drones ever crash in Iowa and no people do stupid things with their cars and Iowa...or maybe they do, but I guess they don't have dashcams to put it on youtube, so Mr. Iowa, watching Russian dashcam videos all day, is justified to think that Russians can't handle cars.

Sorry for my rant, you don't know how this feels. Let's just imagine you're an African-American user on this forum and there's a post about a drone crashing in Africa, and someone says "hey, those Africans can't handle cars, they're still in the stone age, who gave them the drone?" (no offense meant, just using as a simile).

Let's keep politics and ethnicity out of this forum, where are the mods at when someone posts a comment like Mr.Iowa?

when a drone crashes, it's not necessarily due to stupidity. Mavics and other Chinese and American-made drones crash all of the time. We don't go calling these drone manufacturers or the pilots on here stupid.

I'm only referring to Mr.Salty's post. Mr. Iowa here claims the Russians can't handle cars. They sure could handle a spacecraft back in 1961 to send a man to and back form outer space. Mr. Iowa watched a few popular youtube dashcam videos of people doing stupid things on the road in Russia, and now he's sitting on his high horse in his Iowa farm and saying, quote" Have you seen their dashcam videos on YouTube? They can’t even handle cars yet. Adding a third dimension into the mix is just asking for trouble."

I'm Russian-American and how do you think I feel about that? Mr.Iowa here doesn't give a flying mavic about that and doesn't think before he says something. Mr. Iowa is a big strong man and if he were sitting across from me at the table and knew I am Russian, he wouldn't have said it any other way. Because he lives in Iowa, and no drones ever crash in Iowa and no people do stupid things with their cars and Iowa...or maybe they do, but I guess they don't have dashcams to put it on youtube, so Mr. Iowa, watching Russian dashcam videos all day, is justified to think that Russians can't handle cars.

Sorry for my rant, you don't know how this feels. Let's just imagine you're an African-American user on this forum and there's a post about a drone crashing in Africa, and someone says "hey, those Africans can't handle cars, they're still in the stone age, who gave them the drone?" (no offense meant, just using as a simile).

Let's keep politics and ethnicity out of this forum, where are the mods at when someone posts a comment like Mr.Iowa?
I didn't intend to offend you or anyone else...just a blanket statement that "STUPIDITY" in and of itself is universal...no one country or ethnicity can claim to be the "KING"...just saying

Classif flyer, again, it's not about your post. it's ok to poke some lite fun here and there. My posts are only directed at Mr. Salty's post who came out here and said - Russians are stupid, they can't handle cars, they can forget about drones.

This has become personal when he crossed the line. It reminded me of middle school when I moved to the U.S. and some dumb kids would ask me, "did you guys even have television in your home"? That hasn't come up again since middle school. Maybe Mr. Iowa is stuck in middle school.

Hey, since someone brought up Amtrak in this thread, there have been 4 fatal Amtrak train crashes in the U.S. this year....I would imagine there is a Russian forum somewhere where they're saying "Americans can't handle trains", but I wouldn't support that poster either....it's ok to joke like Mr. Salty and use slurs and what not in your garage with your buddies, but don't come out on a public forum, that has become an international forum, and post stuff like that. This is a public place. We're all in the same hobby. When Mr. Iowa's drone goes down, or he gets into a car accident, let him reflect on his post.

Classif flyer, again, it's not about your post. it's ok to poke some lite fun here and there. My posts are only directed at Mr. Salty's post who came out here and said - Russians are stupid, they can't handle cars, they can forget about drones.

This has become personal when he crossed the line. It reminded me of middle school when I moved to the U.S. and some dumb kids would ask me, "did you guys even have television in your home"? That hasn't come up again since middle school. Maybe Mr. Iowa is stuck in middle school.

Hey, since someone brought up Amtrak in this thread, there have been 4 fatal Amtrak train crashes in the U.S. this year....I would imagine there is a Russian forum somewhere where they're saying "Americans can't handle trains", but I wouldn't support that poster either....it's ok to joke like Mr. Salty and use slurs and what not in your garage with your buddies, but don't come out on a public forum, that has become an international forum, and post stuff like that. This is a public place. We're all in the same hobby. When Mr. Iowa's drone goes down, or he gets into a car accident, let him reflect on his post.
All's good sir...be safe fly safe...✌

me thinks your misquoting and overeacting

i didn't use quotes in that one for a reason, because I reworded it to show what he implied. his exact words are: "Have you seen their dashcam videos on YouTube? They can’t can’t even handle cars yet. Adding a third dimension into the mix is just asking for trouble."

Notice how he's stuttering "can't can't" ? :) I know I'm overreacting. Whatever your background is, if you're somewhat proud of it, wouldn't you overact if someone implied your people are incompetent? So many practical household inventions, advancement in literature, ballet, sports, space program, don't forget the Igor Sikorsky's helicopter invention...and I'm reading that we can't even handle cars.

This didn't exactly happen in the heart of Russia either, it's in Siberia, which is bumble-mavic part of Russia with people living a much simpler, slower and quieter life, not known for technological advancement., many of them ethnic Buryats (Asians) in that town. That drone crashing in Ulan-Ude would be compared to a drone crashing in Puerto-Rico. Even if the drone was manufactured in Russia, could have been pilot error, short-circuit, anything. We read about crashes like this one with the Mavic and on U.S. soil daily on this forum.

I am overreacting..time to stop. I'm only 2 hours from Iowa...I'm going to head over to Mr. Salty's neck of the woods and fly my drone there from now on, cuz no drones crash in Iowa. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929