DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it really that hard to deliver mail?

i didn't use quotes in that one for a reason, because I reworded it to show what he implied. his exact words are: "Have you seen their dashcam videos on YouTube? They can’t can’t even handle cars yet. Adding a third dimension into the mix is just asking for trouble."

Notice how he's stuttering "can't can't" ? :) I know I'm overreacting. Whatever your background is, if you're somewhat proud of it, wouldn't you overact if someone implied your people are incompetent? So many practical household inventions, advancement in literature, ballet, sports, space program, don't forget the Igor Sikorsky's helicopter invention...and I'm reading that we can't even handle cars.

This didn't exactly happen in the heart of Russia either, it's in Siberia, which is bumble-mavic part of Russia with people living a much simpler, slower and quieter life, not known for technological advancement., many of them ethnic Buryats (Asians) in that town. That drone crashing in Ulan-Ude would be compared to a drone crashing in Puerto-Rico. Even if the drone was manufactured in Russia, could have been pilot error, short-circuit, anything. We read about crashes like this one with the Mavic and on U.S. soil daily on this forum.

I am overreacting..time to stop. I'm only 2 hours from Iowa...I'm going to head over to Mr. Salty's neck of the woods and fly my drone there from now on, cuz no drones crash in Iowa. :)
Please, take a deep breath and relax sir...don't let things people say( like that ) spool you up...that only makes them the "winner" in their eyes

Just to give things a bit of ironic balance, did an Uber car in autonomous mode, not cause the death of a woman in Arizona recently...? Drones delivering mail, what happens to the postal workers..? Uber driverless cars take off, look at all the taxi drivers out of a job.
Drones crash and so do cars all around the globe. I don't think where it happens is really important, it's just bad luck and people are the real losers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929