DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is MAVIC Pro still relevant?

Howdy Folks,
I currently have a Mini 2, and MAVIC Air 2,(along with a Hubsan Zino).
I enjoy having a small fleet to tinker with.
My question is, is an original MAVIC Pro worth picking up?
The prices seem to be affordable, but how long do you think parts/batteries will be available?
Also contemplating a Spark, but parts etc. are already getting hard to find (and expensive!)
Just tossing this out there ....
Thanks so much for all your help and information over the years...
Be Safe....
Fly Safe.....
Old Man Grizz
I have 2 of them and have no issues getting parts on ebay or Amazon !! Saving up for Mavic 3

Reactions: old man mavic
I have 2 M1P's that both use software from No Limit Drones. I do enjoy them. I started with Skyvipers so the quality of the pictures and video is outstanding (as compared to the SV's). I plan to fly them until the rotors fall off

I have had my Mavic Pro since Feb 2018 and have and no problems with it at all.
Still using the original 3 batteries that had come with it and going strong.
No crashes so have not had to replace anything except props every 6 months.
Great first drone.

Still flying mine and it is a original first batch drone from the day of its release in 2016.
Absolutely no restrictions and has been a workhorse for my needs. As long as we can get batteries for it, I will keep it in the sky! ;)
I agree it is a workhorse here also and picking up another i use it for low flying searches with litchi missions and it just keeps on coming home with all the footage

Reactions: slozukimc
I have a Mavic Pro and a P4P original. My go-to drone is the Mavic Pro. Very portable and quick to launch. Never had a problem with either. I now have DJI white Goggles and they wirelessly connect to the Mavic Pro. Almost like being back in the cockpit. Photos look great as well as the 4k video. I have read so many problems with the newer DJI drones, so glad I have 2 of the most stable platforms.
do you really like using the goggles and what kind of flying can you do with them and how much range lets say in the flats

Still using the MP, 4 years now. Also have Air 2 and looking at Air2 S.
Prefer the original controller on Go4 app.
Although the cameras and photo/ video quality has improved I believe that there is now a tendency to bring out too many new models.
With the Mavic 3 it seems that there isn’t a lot of backward compatibility with existing controllers forcing people to buy up.
Very similar marketing with Apple and IPhones etc.
Every time a new phone comes out it uses a different charger.
Even if I won the lottery I wouldn’t buy the M3 at this stage.
The MP original is pretty solid as long as you can still get the batteries.

Reactions: Scona and slozukimc
I have successfully produced footage for motion pictures, TV and a variety of major construction companies with a Mavic Pro and a Phantom 3 4K. We also own a Mavic 2 Pro, a Phantom 4, a couple of Spark and we plan to buy an Inspire or equiv. - but no hurry.
I often use the spark (to save the five Mavic batteries) to work with the DP establishing the specific shots, flight profiles, etc. before launching the Mavic.
I have even up-scaled various b-roll shots - 1080 Spark footage to 4K in post and blended it with the Mavic 4K footage and I challenge anybody to pick them out. Just about the only time this would not work is where 4K d-log was required for grading and/or it was going to 'The Big Screen'. Links to example videos available upon request.
A true craftsman can take a rusty old hammer and build a mansion while a wannabe-handyman can buy a shiny new hammer and flatten his thumb with it.

Last edited:
My MP1 has never let me (or itself) down. Does everything I ever wanted a drone to do - would also like a Air2S for a replacement if it ever failed though.

Attachments

• DSCN2760.v01.jpg
    DSCN2760.v01.jpg
    944.8 KB · Views: 3
My Mavic Pro is still a workhorse. We use it as a backup for our easier and lower priced missions. Flies great and takes reasonably good photos and videos. My wife flies the Pro for recreational fun and loves it as well.

Reactions: slozukimc
The Mavic Pro and Spark are two totally different animals with very little to compare. I have both (2 of each LOL).

I see the Spark as a fun toy to fly around the basement or to teach new operators how to fly without risking much $$. Also have used the Spark when I had a client wanting us to fly their facility (indoors) and we had to fly down hallways and into/out of offices etc. The small formfactor worked great in tight quarters but the camera difference was painfully obvious.

We use the Mavic Pro (Platinum) as our backup system incase we have GeoFecning issues (ours has no flight limitations so it works in areas our M2P will not) and it does a good job when called upon. The camera isn't as good as the M2P but it's a lot better than the Spark. Also you can readily get MP batteries from online sources although they are not genuine DJI but the (4) we have all perform splendidly without a hiccup in over a year now.
If you don't mind, what brand of batteries are you purchasing? I have read through many reviews on Amazon and they all have conflicting opinions where some say the batteries are great and others say thing like they fit too tight or they pop out because they don't snap in place correctly, etc. Have you any issues like this with 3rd party batteries?
Thanks,

If you don't mind, what brand of batteries are you purchasing? I have read through many reviews on Amazon and they all have conflicting opinions where some say the batteries are great and others say thing like they fit too tight or they pop out because they don't snap in place correctly, etc. Have you any issues like this with 3rd party batteries?
Thanks,

Honestly I don't recall. I got them from Amazon is all I can tell you right now but they have performed flawlessly.

I have a Mavic Pro and a P4P original. My go-to drone is the Mavic Pro. Very portable and quick to launch. Never had a problem with either. I now have DJI white Goggles and they wirelessly connect to the Mavic Pro. Almost like being back in the cockpit. Photos look great as well as the 4k video. I have read so many problems with the newer DJI drones, so glad I have 2 of the most stable platforms.

The DJI white goggles ( or RE1 black goggles) as Greg says are a rock solid connection). The Mavic Pro and the MPP with the white goggles gives you a seamless All DJI system that none of the later camera drones have. With the possible exception of the Mavic 3 of which I am totally ignorant of it specs. except for the price tag. And the exception of the DJI FPV, but it's not a camera drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661