DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my Mavic camera faulty?

magsta

Reactions
Hi everyone.

So i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or help?

I haven't even had my Mavic for a week and i'm noticing some concerning things in my footage with my drone.

I notice that the focus is really off or blurry on the right side of the image.

i'll be attaching some examples.

I have done all relevant calibrations needed and reset camera settings.

So here is a video from a flight I had at the beach yesterday, look at the right side as i ascend.

I wasn't pleased with what i saw so i switched the drone on in my living room and played around with the focus inside.
It focused perfectly fine. ??
Here is the video.

What am I missing?

I'm running the DJI Go 4 app on iOS.

I've heard you can calibrate the lens on android?! Is this feature available on iOS somewhere?

So my question is? Is it faulty or am i doing something wrong?

In your video it looks as if the camera is focused on infinity....the ground on the right hand side is a lot closer, which is probably why it's looking out of focus.

In your video it looks as if the camera is focused on infinity....the ground on the right hand side is a lot closer, which is probably why it's looking out of focus.

My understanding is that if i focus on infinity on the Mavic it'll have the whole frame in focus. won't it?
In my video the left side is perfectly clear and the right and left are the same distance from my drone.

grrr i hate tech sometimes.

Reactions: Kilrah
Just an update on this thread, Mavic Pro has been booked in for a replacement, on its way to Netherlands today.
Hopefully get a new one soon.

I couldn't stand the fact i paid so much for something and it just wasn't doing what i wanted it to do.
Best i send it in and get another one.

Last edited:
Just an update on this thread, Mavic Pro has been booked in for a replacement, on its way to Netherlands today.
Hopefully get a new one soon.

I couldn't stand the fact i paid so much for something and it just wasn't doing what i wanted it to do.
Best i send it in and get another one.
and? replacement is flawless?

What is wrong with it?

This. Shot straight down, all of the ground in the same focus plane.

maik_20170119_161624_fc220_1200px.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman