DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my pro new? Risky eBay purchase...

Flynavy812

Reactions
Bought a pro on eBay, fly more combo never flown brand new for 750.00 shipped. I was skeptical because in photos it was all loose and just didn’t look all together accessory wise. It arrived today and I turned on and it asked me to activate and then offered DJI refresh. Batteries also show 0 charges. Serial number has an R but it’s mid way, the end is C3.

Did I score a pretty good deal here?

You purchased a DJI Refurbished unit if the R is at the end.

Can you elaborate? The actual end of the serial number doesn’t say anything with an R?
Oh I'm sorry, I miss-read your post, if the R is at the end it is refurbished. No R at the end you're good. With the fact that you had to activate it and were offered refresh it should be a new unit. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh I'm sorry, I miss-read your post, if the R is at the end it is refurbished. No R at the end you're good. With the fact that you had to activate it and were offered refresh it should be a new unit. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah I worded that poorly, that’s good to know though thanks!

I’d have to get back to you on that it’s packed up again, I do remember it being red and saying it needs an update. Battery build date on the one I checked was late 2017.
Check it and if it is 400 or 700 FW maybe you shouldn't update. My rationale is that those FW are very stable and lack the restrictions newer has.

Check it and if it is 400 or 700 FW maybe you shouldn't update. My rationale is that those FW are very stable and lack the restrictions newer has.

Good to know, I’ll have to check when I power it up again. If I keep old firmware I just need to click out of the warning every time?

I would make sure that you are the one who decides if it phones home.
Mine is on .400, and it never sees a wifi signal, or cell signal to the internet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS