DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Smart Controller processor too slow?

I never say I do not buy a smart controller because can not control the MM. I mean that will be nice to control both of my drones with the same smart controller. The convenience of having everything in one package (Screen + Controller) has a price, but the lack of compatibility should not be part of that price. I can see the screen size smaller, Android version, not the last one, how long last the battery another one.

Now talking about the battery, if you think about it, is not bad. When you use an iPad + a controller you are using 2 batteries. The SC does everything with one.

I never say I do not buy a smart controller because can not control the MM. I mean that will be nice to control both of my drones with the same smart controller. The convenience of having everything in one package (Screen + Controller) has a price, but the lack of compatibility should not be part of that price. I can see the screen size smaller, Android version, not the last one, how long last the battery another one.

Now talking about the battery, if you think about it, is not bad. When you use an iPad + a controller you are using 2 batteries. The SC does everything with one.
There’s a lot of things that would be nice but some of them are never going to happen.
I’m trying to say that DJI is only going to do something that drives sales.
If it doesn’t drive sales they’re not going to do it.

Reactions: zeusfl
Starting up the controller takes few seconds, then I'm ready to fly.
There are never any problems with stuttering or anything else.
So my answer is NO.

If Ou do things like screen recording or editing (why would you do that on a controller?!), the answer would be YES.

Bought one a couple of weeks ago after much deliberation. It's the difference between me flying sometimes or not at all. What can I say, I'm a fan.

Yes, I wish the screen was bigger because their is a bezel and appesrd ample real estate in the existing unit to do it.

All of that said, I fly most of the time now with Moverios so it's fine for my purposes.

More than anything I hope it is forward compatible .... not holding my breathe on that one.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I am 2 weeks and 9 flights in so far with my new SC and no slowness or stuttering issues yet. I did get one app crash while using quickshot mode but the drone didnt fly away and it reconnected immediately after I opened the app back up.

My only complaint so far with the SC is that it's not as bright as I had hoped. Its definitely a bit brighter than my Samsung Note10+ and I can see quite a bit better on partly cloudy days, but it's still not bright enough for me to see in bright sunlight. And the sun hood options for this controller are very lacking.

Still, I am enjoying it much more than using my phone for flying, for sure.

Well, by editing what I meant was : as reference point, auto edit function in DJI GO (when it chooses highlights itself) takes forever to finish, comparing to let say iPhone 7. And it's very convinient function to do on the go, and post/upload/share streight up from controller.

I'll try to behchnark mine and post results for everyone to compare. What's most common app to do that? What are yours benchmarks?
Starting up the controller takes few seconds, then I'm ready to fly.
There are never any problems with stuttering or anything else.
So my answer is NO.

If Ou do things like screen recording or editing (why would you do that on a controller?!), the answer would be YES.
Moments

Why would you do that. If you need that feature to post it immediately on Facebook and so on, just use "go share" and send it to your iPhone.
Because you just post it on social media, you wouldn't record higher than full HD, so it's quickly transferred to your phone. Then, in your phone, you have much more and better options to edit your footage!
I would never do this on my remote control, it's just not made for that kind of stuff!
Just because a company releases a feature, it doesn't mean it makes sense or works great... Sometimes it's just for marketing and a longer feature list.

I think about the p30 with its "night vision". It was an interesting feature, but the pics looked crap and unnatural and I would have never shared them.

Since this post gathered some attention I will ask about another questionable working feature on mine SC: how does your microphone works? What the sound recorded with it like?

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xapiccone