DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is that Another Mavic?? Or is it just a bird?

Yaros

Reactions
While watching one of my videos I recorded today, I seen something flying through the right part of the shot, first I thought it is just a bird and ignored it, but after zooming in digitally in Resolve, it might have been another mavic flying through the shot!

The things that make me think was a mavic:
- The red-green flashing LEDs visible in the video of the object flying through
- The shape, propellers are distinguishable
- I don't know any bird that has this shape

In the following photo I highlighted in red what looks like a green LED on the front arm of the drone. In yellow, I highlighted what looks like the diagonal opposite arm, the propeller of it.
1650220656802.png

What do you think was it?

Here is the zoomed in and slowed down video: Sorry for the quality, I needed to zoom in much because it was very small

I dunno about mavic but definitely a drone and prob a mavic is my take ;0)

Reactions: Yaros
from the video ,i think it is fairly obvious that it is a drone of some sort

Reactions: dozzn and Yaros
Can’t say that it is a Mavic, but it is definitely a drone. The way it is flying is classic drone flight. Good thing that there was no mid air collision!

Good thing that there was no mid air collision!
I was lucky I started descending 10 seconds before the drone flew in front of me! If not, it might have crashed into the other drone.

Last edited:
I wonder if the other person noticed your drone in his/her video. Would be quite rare to have a drone on drone mid air collision but that was pretty close.

I think I found the one who was flying the other mavic. Later that day, I found a reel on Instagram from the same location.
1650436546071.png

And this is my video:
1650436567109.png

Same location, just different height and mine has color correction.

Reactions: Tufargon
I've never seen a bird with 4 arms before so I'd say it's a drone, probably a Mavic or something very similar.

As far as being a near collision, drones fly in 3D space, so the chance of collision is actually smaller than you might think, especially being that small in the video feed.

Also, nice job on the color correction! Looking great!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo