DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Air 3 goggles compatible?

DJI had to release two new RC'S for the Air 3 due to it's new O4 video transmission. None of the previous RC'S can receive that video transmission and this also applies to Goggles. So far there are no new Goggles released that will work with the Air 3. I seriously doubt any of the existing Goggles will ever be compatible.

Reactions: Torque
DJI had to release two new RC'S for the Air 3 due to it's new O4 video transmission. None of the previous RC'S can receive that video transmission and this also applies to Goggles. So far there are no new Goggles released that will work with the Air 3. I seriously doubt any of the existing Goggles will ever be compatible.
If that's true, you gotta cut it off somewhere. Just wish the Mavic 3 Pro had made it across the other side but with Mavic 3 and Classic already launched, hardly possible to switch. Hard to believe so many drones in the squad are going to be left behind. Unless there is an FPV2, Avata 2, Mini 4 Pro, and Mavic 4 Pro brethren waiting in the wings to join their cousin Air 3. Customers (like me) will just have to such it up and clear the slate with new drones and RCPro 2 and Goggles 3. If they could spread this out over the next 2-3 years.... ;)

Reactions: 3rdof5
Right now the Googles 2 and the Goggles Integra are both not compatible with the Air 3 according to dji.com but pretty sure it soon will be, one day.
making this statement confuses people... DJI has a horrible time with compatibilities like this and while i would love to see it happen the glimmer of hope someone searching finds is just mean lol

im still waitinig for V2 goggles to work with something 2 years ago lol.

making this statement confuses people... DJI has a horrible time with compatibilities like this and while i would love to see it happen the glimmer of hope someone searching finds is just mean lol

im still waitinig for V2 goggles to work with something 2 years ago lol.
I still have hope because DJI is closing in pretty fast on several fronts. Today, the DJI FPV got RID one month ahead of schedule AND you no longer have to use your Goggles V2 but instead, Goggle 2 and Goggles Integra will now work with your DJI FPV. I didn't see head tracking in the menu tho.

Earlier I mistook the DJI RC Pro update to be compatible with Air 3 but it is NOT. Instead they simply updated the Fly app on the RC Pro to be compatible with Air 3 but that's not enough to make it work. Perhaps that means "coming soon" but an awful time to updated both the Fly app and the RC Pro hardware on "Air 3 day" but NO worky.

We were quite surprised when Mini and Mavic received Goggles/MC compatibility. Unless there is new hardware coming, I wouldn't be surprised if Air got included. That's a pretty big hole to leave Air 3 out of FPV. I think there is some small hope, despite O4.

I still have hope because DJI is closing in pretty fast on several fronts. Today, the DJI FPV got RID one month ahead of schedule AND you no longer have to use your Goggles V2 but instead, Goggle 2 and Goggles Integra will now work with your DJI FPV. I didn't see head tracking in the menu tho.

Earlier I mistook the DJI RC Pro update to be compatible with Air 3 but it is NOT. Instead they simply updated the Fly app on the RC Pro to be compatible with Air 3 but that's not enough to make it work. Perhaps that means "coming soon" but an awful time to updated both the Fly app and the RC Pro hardware on "Air 3 day" but NO worky.

We were quite surprised when Mini and Mavic received Goggles/MC compatibility. Unless there is new hardware coming, I wouldn't be surprised if Air got included. That's a pretty big hole to leave Air 3 out of FPV. I think there is some small hope, despite O4.
time will tell, how much is the key...

I have two pairs of V2 googles for my DJI fpv... I really need to sell one while it still has some value lol

I would like to buy a RC-N2 so I can use my Dronemask 2. It seems not an option yet.
FPV is great. Later

I agree FPV is great which is why I jumped to real FPV (Avata) and now I plan to sell my Dronemask (thanks for reminding me).

The real question is, does the Air 3 support the Epson BT-40 smart glasses. These are much better than any of the DJI Googles anyway.

Someone mentioned earlier that the RC pro is now compatible with the air3

There was a firmware update but it had nothing to do with the Air 3. I can guarantee the RC-Pro is NOT compatible with the Air 3.
I can confirm this as well. It is not compatible with the Air 3.
Bought the RC Pro less than 2 months ago. Now wondering if it was a waste of my money. Love the Air 3 though, but it upsets me that my $$RC$$ Pro will probably not be compatible with future drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032